- Chapter 14 -

(Ailis POV)

(Ailis POV)

Taking the note felt amazing. I felt like I had done something good that was going to help Emerson in the long run. She didn't need her heart broken by a buffoon. She deserved better than that and I was going to do everything in my power to pass my assignment this time. Finally, I felt like I was helping. I decided it was time for me to get some sleep. I searched the computer desk wondering if I really wanted to go through all of the effort to get up there. Shaking my head I knew I didn't want to exert that much energy.

Trudging along the carpet over to where the brunette slept I grabbed the sheet using them as an anchor to pull myself up. I snickered to myself tugging along until I reached the top. This would be a much more comfortable place to sleep. I curled my way into the sheet pulling the excess blanket over my body. Hopefully Emerson wouldn't wake up or startle in the middle of the night.I sure as hell didn't want to be a squashed leprechaun.

It didn't take me long before I was all curled up and cozy. I could imagine it now, the feeling on the edge of my body. Sleep was just around the corner and eventually the sweet sleep soothed my aching bones.

Morning came rather quickly, and I woke up to an annoyed Emerson as she plucked me from the sheets pulling me up into the air to stare at me. I felt my fists fly as I was still stuck in my dream. Why would she do something like that?

"'ey, watch whatcha doin'," I hated when she tried to stir me from my sleep. I needed that so I could grow nice and big and strong. I placed my hands on my hips as if I was the one reprimanding her. Unfortunately this wasn't the case.

"Why are you sleeping in my bed with me?" Emerson questions as she shakes me slightly. My whole body jiggles as I realize I probably need to hit the gym more, or at all. It's been a while since I had done anything to take care of myself.

"Cos look at dat mess av a bed oi 'av," I complain, trying my best to speak in a way she can easily understand me, but with an accent like this and the frustration I had with the situation, there was no helping this poor leprechaun.

Finally Emerson places me back down on the bed waiting for me to respond however I would like. I simply fluffed my jacket, tugging at the bottom to keep it down.

"Ey, can we talk?" I question, choosing my words carefully. Emersons' green eyes catch mine as she stares at me like I had just murdered something.

"About?" She mumbles as she pulled her tired body out of bed. Soon she places her arms out in each direction, stretching, as she lets out a low groan.

"Nathan," I found myself weary of saying his name. I knew she wasn't going to take this well but I needed her to believe me.

"Keep going," She rolls her hands through the air as if she is annoyed with me.

"Oi tink yer nade ter stay away from 'imself, yer man seems too perfect. oi mean who wud tell someone yer man loved dem so soon, even if yer man 'as technically alwus loved yer, why wud yer man say somethin' loike dat. 'tis ridiculous," I rambled, not sure she would understand a word I had said. The words falling out of my mouth faster than I can think about their meaning.