- Chapter 19 -

"Ailis, why did you do that?" I could feel myself panicking as I spoke

"Ailis, why did you do that?" I could feel myself panicking as I spoke. I needed to get that necklace back so I could give it to my sister. I also needed to fix the issue with my mother's boyfriend. The wedding was getting closer and I was running out of time.

"Waaat chucker yer mean, cos yer towl me ter. oi wus jist doin' waaat yer said ter chucker," Ailis seemed just as frustrated with me as I was with him. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. There had to be a way for me to make all of this better.

"Ailis, do you have enough magic to fix all of my problems?" I pick him up off the floor setting the spit covered pearl on the ground. Holding him up to where I could look at him I watch as he kicks and screams.

"Yes, Yes I do now put me down," He whines as he tries to break free from my grip. I listen dropping him on the bed.

"I wish for everything to go back to the way it was before I wished for my father to come back and we are here. I want nothing else to change other than Miles is back in my mother's life and they are getting married again. I want them to be happy once again, and I want a copy of the necklace that I stole from Lily so that I can return it to her and not feel so guilty,"

"Whew, dat is a 'efty bargain, ye sure dat is al' yer want?" His eyes were wide as he stares at me from on the bed. I watch carefully as he opens his pocket. Was he calculating how much magic he had? He pulls out a handful of the green powder before reaching into his pocket grabbing yet another one.

"Do you have enough for all of that?" I watch carefully praying for him to have just enough.

"Oi tink so, we 'ill clap waaat 'appens whaen oi make de wish 'appen,"

"Well how long do you think it will take?" I couldn't help myself from shaking, I felt like someone was going to walk into my room at any minute. I wanted to head back to the dorm and get away from everything. I wanted to be by myself so I couldn't hurt anyone else. Part of me felt bad for stealing the necklace but the other half of me realized how easy it was to get the gold when I stole it. I didn't have enough money to purchase any, since my mother paid for my schooling and any money I earned went towards food.

"Shut up!' Ailis snapped as he started balling all the magic into a new shape. Like he was warming it up in between his hands to activate it. He soon takes the green powder smashing it against the bed as hard as he could as it flashes around him in a cloud of green. His hands move through the air as he motions the magic. It follows him like a puppy and he tosses his hands back before the world around us begins to fade. The fade was slower than normal, usually it was rapid.

I felt like it was taking forever. Was it possibly not working?

"Ailis are you sure you had enough?" I question watching as the room around me fades out of focus before coming back in.

"Jist gie me a second, oi'm workin' on it," Ailis grunts, his voice very clearly strained from the force on his body. I tried closing my eyes, waiting for the transition to fully take me. Soon it does.