- Chapter 7 -

"Okay, where are we going to next?" I questioned my mother sitting in the passenger seat of the car

 "Okay, where are we going to next?" I questioned my mother sitting in the passenger seat of the car. My mother was driving us to the next store she wanted to stop at before we headed home. We had gone to a floral shop, a bakery to taste yummy cakes, and a catering restaurant to figure out the meals. So far the cakes were my favorite. Flowers just seemed stressful and honestly dinner wasn't my thing. I was heading straight for deserts on the day of the wedding.

My mother turned to smile at me, her glasses propped up on her head. I hadn't noticed she was aging until just now, my mother had always been youthful and stunning, though she was still stunning she didn't look as youthful anymore. Work must really be dragging on her. Her dark brown hair was slowly graying near her temples and she had smile lines from a life well lived. I loved my mother more than anything and I was glad to be able to spend this time with her.

"I have a surprise for you." She focused back onto the road. It'd been way too long since my mother and I had last hung out. Our schedules usually didn't match up very well whether it be with her at work or me at school.

"What is it?" I gleamed. The music in the car was playing low but the beat was catchy. I couldn't help but sway with it as my mother continued to speed down the road. As the song came to an end my mother pulled into the parking lot of a few shopping outlets. I looked around confused at where she was taking me, none of these places were really wedding related stores.

"You won't figure it out by looking at the buildings." She mumbled grabbing her wallet from by my feet. I shot her a look waiting for her to tell me any info about what we were about to do. I grabbed the car door handle quickly jumping out into the warm sun.

"Oh come on momma please tell me." I pretended to gripe still searching the shops around us. There was nothing but a small dress shop in the corner of the rustic brick buildings.

"When we get inside." My mother wrapped her arm around mine leading me towards the dress shop I had spotted. This shop didn't have bridal dresses so what would we be doing here? The warm summer sun beat down on my mother and I. I loved this time of year and I had hoped if I was getting married it would be in the summer months. I glanced around out of habit searching my surroundings for anything green. I hadn't seen him since leaving him at home after school but that didn't mean he wasn't around. Ailis was sneaky and it wouldn't shock me if he showed up.

We entered the dress shop as fancy outfits lined the walls in all different colors, styles, and sizes. I was so excited and I didn't even know what we were doing here yet. I had a feeling I could guess though.

"Hi, I have an appointment for Emerson Delano." My mother tells the lady behind the desk. I shot her a look of confusion, why did I have an appointment? I've never even been to this place. "We are looking for maid of honour dresses today, and in any color she wants, there is no price range."

My jaw dropped once more.

"Mother, you really don't need to do this--"

"Shush." She placed her finger on my lips to stop me from saying anything more. Rolling her eyes, she dropped her hand back to her side. "I just want a long flowy dress, I don't care what color or neckline, just a long flowy skirt sweetie."