- Chapter 23 -

(Ailis POV)

(Ailis POV)

My heart was pounding. This was the first time I had ever been anywhere like this. I looked at the walls. Potions lined every empty space of the room and there was no way I was going to be be able to figure all of this out by the end of my shift. I could barely tell the difference between shampoo and conditioner let alone a hundred potions all the same shade of blue.

I followed the Leprechaun in front of me as she led me towards the room of potions I would help organize. There was nothing more frightening than on the first day being left alone to figure things out. I could feel my hands shaking as she continues down the hallways of rooms. People stare at me out the windows on the doors that kept them locked in their own room. They seemed scared, like they were in a mental asylum. Chills shoot down my spine as she stops in front of another plain gray door. She opens it turning to look at me.

"Here is your stop," She mutters as she looks at the clipboard in her hand. I shook my head as I take the few steps inside the room. The door closes behind me and I search the room to see how many shelves I had to work with. There was over a hundred and I couldn't quite see the top. Maybe there were thousands but I wasn't able to fully tell. I waited for further instructions like I had been told.

Soon a booming voice echoes over the intercom as the lights begin to turn on.

"Ailis, you will organize these potions based on what they do. Please keep all romantic potions on one side of the room and the rest on the other. Once the task is complete ring the bell up above and someone will come to check your work for payment," My heart raced as the voice continued to echo even after they had stopped talking. My eyes shot up looking at the bell hanging above my head. I wasn't even sure how I was supposed to ring it. This was like a nightmare no wonder nobody wanted to grow up and get a job. I quickly closed the distance between the shelves and I. I needed to get to work if I wanted this done by the end of the day.

The first potion I picked up was a bright yellow color. The liquid sloshed around in the funnel as it threatened to spill over the top. I panicked as I watched it swish closer to the edge than I had ever wanted it to be. I checked the label to see what it would do. It was a sunny potion meaning it would bring happiness to whoever used it.

Couldn't be the worst thing I could drop on my shoes today.

I placed it on the floor picking up the next one. I wasn't sure how they wanted me to organize these but I figured I needed to see what I had before I could place them in an order. Maybe I would do this by color. Or would that be too confusing if there were too many of the same color. I shuffled through a few more organizing them on the floor by what they did. A few love potions, some happiness ones to go with the first yellow liquid, some positions for wealth and beauty now lay scattered on the floor. But there still seemed to be no rhyme or reason to how I needed to organize these. I started working on the second shelf pulling of a bright orange liquid. The title of the potion was flowers.