The Royal Engagement

Ranvijay

Smiling at my reflection the feeling right now is amazing....I am getting engaged to my Anu today. Finally all has fallen into place...she will be mine for ever. The room intercom rang ''Ranvijay we have to reach in half an hour ...come down'' that was my Mom..only she is the one who accepted my choice openly...Granny had thrown too many fits...as she felt Ananya would break the family but she couldn't understand that if I don't get her I will break myself away from every one....that night I had made them hear my decision...

''Rajmata...its Ananya or no one...'' I could see her eyes shooting daggers at me...but Rudrani Devi forgot I was her creation...she made me like her and I don't know what backing out means.

''She is a commoner...you need someone from Royal lineage'' well that was the most childish reason I have ever heard....Granny was out of reasons why I shouldn't marry Ananya...but I still had a million to say why I should...takeing a deep breath I responded; ''So was our great grand mother or your Mother in Law....so I don't suppose its something alien''

Granny went all the way wild; ''That girl will ruin everything...in time you will ashamed of the rag girl...she doesn't have the poise and pride of a Royal'' Rag girl ....that's insulting.....I couldn't take more; ''The name is Ananya...and if I repent it would my choice with no one to be blamed....but if you refuse now....I will go ahead marry her and cut all my ties with this family'' My statement was like a jolt of lightning for Granny....I know my place ...my power and my position... she needs me...if I leave she won't be able to stand the rising voices in the family. Only dad would stand blindly by her...no one else...just then my mom stood in my support..Bingo this is what I needed...Rudrani Devi will never let her daughter in law overpower her...there was a fear in Granny's eyes may just for a flash of second.....she cannot lose me ...I felt pathetic to be rude...but can't help...I am mad about Ananya. Granny taught me manipulation for years but never in her dreams she would have thought that someday I will use it against hers...

Since I was a kid I learned one thing...being a voracious rebel can be costing...Raksha was one and she became the black sheep....Veer was vocal in a polite way...he said what he liked and what not...I gave ears to everyone but did what I felt right... all of us were same yet our approaches were different hence I became the favourite one...

Coming back to present , today it will be declared to the world that she belongs to me...in month she will be here with me....pushing a box into my pocket I walked out....the ceremony is being held in the grand Palace which I own....its a 7 star hotel...I am happy anxious just to see my Ananya...Some months back I had no intention of marrying anyone...but Ananya moved in so quick that I hardly got time to figure out....her eyes kept spitting fire at me whenever we met, melting the walls of my herat making a room for herself...the small encounter in dean's office had given me a glimpse of how brave she was...locked with me in that room she stood up facing me bravely....under my nose she mixed Laxatives in my food to keep me away from Raksha...she had guts...truth was...I had started likening her then....she knew I meant danger yet she fought....I know I have been hard on her... getting her teenage brother abducted was the worst thing I have ever done....but I don't regret...she keeps running from me which was making me all the way mad...she belonged to me my arms..she will have to understand that....I knew she was on a run. My men asked if they should stop her, I refused . I knew if I caught her now she will try again. There should be a permanent solution to a problem..and solution was her family...I had to do something to keep her with me...she came back with bruises and bleeding knees ...and it made me fall of her all the way more. The love and devotion she had was enchanting...Ananya was ready to go in that state to get her brother back...Raksha had been doubting my intention over Ananya..she almost got away but Ananya froze looking at me...I asked raksha to excuse us ; '' ''Anu I hate giving you pain..but you are so stubborn....you really thought you could run from me this easily....you thought I won't know......see you couldn't leave'' when I confessed it was me....she kept punching me between her tears; '' 'you are an animal....how could you...he is just a boy...if you knew I had left ...you should come there to stop me....why my family'' she broke down ...holding her wrists I pushed her back on the bed getting on the top ; '' 'Hush darling....your brother is safe....and about using him... if I hadn't, you again would have tried running away...so my love take this as a warning ...I will do all to keep you with me....so better accept it....you stay with me...all will be safe...'' Our eyes were locked...she was my prey and a brave one...between her tears she spoke'' you will have me...but not my heart...'' I noticed she had stopped struggling...this girl surprises me every second...here she is at my mercy ..yet she threw a challenge of ruling her heart....she kept staring back into my eyes...She gave up all for her family. She was pained and I badly wanted to sooth her, out of reflex I kissed her...she turned stone to my touch...her lips ignited all my dormant desires ...I want this girl ...I knew this was wrong but that brief contact of our lips left me asking for more...my lips touched her all over her face finally settling in the hollow of her neck...I took her scent deep..she smelled delicious ...I knew it was time to leave...my self control was hanging by a thin thread...I watched her face....she was lying still under my body with tears streaming down her close lids....what was I thinking....how can I hurt and kiss her at the same time...I wanted to leave and my body craved for her....looping my arm around her middle I lifted her up close to my chest...holding this girl in my arms...I waited for her calm down...I could feel her small body shivering in my arms It was the last time I gave her pain...