Opponents

Ranvijay

I smiled holding a small doll in my hands. Raksha is leaving in a day and that made me emotional. After the small get together, I went to the room where our memories have been preserved safely . This room is full of our pictures as siblings. Our toys , trophies, certificates  which granny has kept as souvenirs. My eyes landed on a doll house, I still remember the day I gifted it to Raksha. She was so excited  that she jumped on me taking us both down. I laughed at the memory

"Bahi!!!'' I couldn't move. I wanted to but just couldn't. Someone had to make me believe that this was a reality and not  a dream. My little baby was here. She just addressed me as bhai and not with my title. My throat felt parched with emotions. It had been years since she called me that. I wanted to turn to her. But I was scared it would turn out to be my imagination and she would disappear. Everything turned silent, I guess it was my imagination. Two arms went around my waist , ''I am leaving tomorrow Bhai, won't you wish me'' I felt something wet on my cheeks, she turned me around. ''I missed you bhai''. That was enough and I pulled my baby sister in my arms, ''I missed you too Raksha. A lot'' She hid her face in my chest. We stood there  don't know for how long. ''I never stopped loving you bhai, but I was angry. I still am, but I don't want to go with this anger. '' I said nothing, I won't give her any justification. Today I will let her speak whatever she want to. Even if it meant she blaming me , cursing me. My palm caressed the back of her head. She sniffed and looked up, ''I still remember the ruckus  I created for the doll house. I didn't like any which were ordered and then you got one made for me. Exactly the way I wanted'' . Looking down at her, I just nodded. Her eyes looked into mine and then started filling up. She hugged me tight, ''How did we grow so far Bhai and why''. She sobbed, I had no answer to her question. Or I should say I didn't wanted to. Words will lead to confrontation which I don't want with Raksha at any cost . Caressing her cheek I took a good look at my little girl. She still is the baby I was scared to hold all those years back. ''Don't hesitate to call if you need something''

''Anything?'' She asked with a doubt. My palms cupped her face, ''Anything Raksha. I promise. Just try me once ''. A tear rolled down her eyes and she hugged me again, ''Just be my bhai and not the jerk Prince'' I could feel her pout and allowed a laughter to escape through my body. ''Why do I have to go with Adi. I don't like him''

''You will just travel with him. You will have your own house and staff. Adi will just be there in case you need help'' She made a face and I pulled her cheeks. ''Party without me, not fair'' . Veer complained leaning on the door. We both looked at one and another before opening our arms to him. He ran into them. We sat there reliving the old memories going through the albums, toys

***

''May I step in'' Knocking the door of Adi's suite I waited for him to respond. As expected he pulled open the door greeting me with a big smile. Once I was in he locked the door firmly glancing around the corridor once. ''Thanks for staying back for tonight'' He nodded, ''I know , you wanted to speak. I will leave for my place in the morning and will meet Raksha in Delhi''

I nodded, ''Aditya, I feel something very wrong  is going to happen. One reason for sending Raksha away is this. Though she will be far from here, yet I don't trust Brijesh. Keep her safe if you can'' . It was a heart felt request. Adi smiled, ''I would have even done that, if you wouldn't have asked. Don't worry  , Brijesh won't be able to reach her''. That made me take a sigh of relief, if Adi promises, he is going to keep it. I know that. ''Rana Mahendra is supporting him, he is a very powerful man. We both know it. ''

''I know. This time  I won't let him pass. He will no more get any forgiveness . All he will get is his death'' Adi leaned on the couch thinking about something, ''I don't know how much this is beneficial to you, but Brijesh has a place far from the habitat. '' That was definitely some information for me. As per our knowledge his family had lost all to the government . But if this is true, I should work on finding it out  and soon. There should be no place on this planet where this monster can hide. ''Do you know more''