Solace

Ananya

Our ride home was a silent one. Brijesh's dying words kept ringing my ears. I looked at Ranvijay, his features grim. He seemed lost, I am sure  he too is thinking about Dipika. Now I regret not stopping her. ''What about Brijesh's hide out ? Its a dangerous place , no one should get hold of it''

''And no one will . I will make sure of it . '' He replied without looking at me. ''It would be better we hand the place over to the government'' I suggested. He body shook in humor and I frowned. Was  my suggestion funny. I thought, I hope he isn't thinking of keeping the place. The moment I stepped into , a sudden feeling of fear had gripped my heart. The place screamed danger and negativity. I could feel death around me. The men who worked for him seemed to be seasoned criminals.. When I was being escorted to room . It was Hansa who accompanied me. Leaving me in the room she walked to the door. before leaving she turned, ''We are ready Hukum.''   I just smiled.

I still remember the day me and granny decided to place our pawns into Brijesh's brigade. We had decided upon few of the guards. Three of them who had agreed to do the job , but we were left surprised when next day Hansa walked in, ''I will go in Hukum. he wouldn't get a chance to doubt. He has never seen or met me. I am the safest bet.''

''Its dangerous Hansa and you have a secured job in Delhi'' Granny reasoned. The girl knelt and held her hand, ''All I have is because of you . Plus is there any one you can blindly trust''

''You are very young'' I feared for her . She smiled and walked to me. ''Hukum, I will change myself in a way he won't even spit my face. I guarantee that.''

''And what  about your family ?What are you planning to tell them?Hemant will no way agree to that. " Hansa huffed at my words, " then we let them believe I am in Delhi.  But please no one else other than me." I was forced to think about the loyalty the people have for the family and they keep on passing it from generation to generation. 

"Fine Hansa. I trust you. You leave today." After that we started planting our people among them.  The best was when 2 of his men decided to be on our side , as we got hold of some proofs regarding them . " Why didn't you tell me about The plan"

" I was just following the orders" it's better not to explain him right now. He wouldn't understand a word of it. Leaning on the headrest . I closed my eyes. It had been the longest and most tiring day of my life. I hoped, after this we all will be safe . But what Brijesh said about Dipika is still ringing my ears. I just hope that she stays fine. I don't know how is Veer going to react to whole situation . I always wondered that rich and powerful had a fairy tale life. But I was wrong. It's not easy to be what they are and now even I am. Had someone told me a year back that I would be planning and plotting an execution,  I would have branded that person as mad. But here I am , Princess Ananya Ranvijay Rathore. The one who saw a man dying right before her eyes. The one who even shot one to save her husband. My eyes went to Ranvijay ' s face. I love him and dearly. Moving closer,  I wrapped my arm around his and leaned on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead deep. " don't  worry , we will sail through this too'' Nodding I just closed my eyes. Though , we closed one chapter , It will have its after effects. Mahendra Singh would be more alert and Granny, I pity her. She would be hurt bad. Brijesh was her daughter's son. her grand son. She loved him the same way she loved Veer , Ranvijay and Raksha. but she can't show the same around. Don't know how many more nights of her will go sharing her her pain with the dark. 

***

After reaching Palace we were directed towards the grand hall. Granny sat there regally on her chair with Mom and dad by her side. Her face showed no emotions, but I know she must be burning in pain. I couldn't stop myself from hugging her, she gave me a small smile. I took place next to her gripping her hand firmly between mine.