Chapter 9

Scarlett's POV

Once I looked up I saw beautiful chocolate brown eyes staring back at me. However I was confused about the way Jacob was just staring at me. Waving my hand in front of his face "Er hello, you feeling aright. You kinda spaced out on me". He blinked once, twice then a mega watt smile started to spread across his face. To tell you the truth, I was shocked with how young and happy he looks and started to smile just as wide. Checking my phone I realise it's 4:00. "Wow we have been talking for half an hour. I'm so sorry for holding you up. I got to get going, it was lovely to meet you Jacob. I hope we can get to know each other more" waving goodbye I started to walk to my car 'my baby'.

When I arrived home I noticed Bella's truck wasn't parked in it's usual space. 'Weird... maybe she stayed to speak with Jacob'. I couldn't stopped the smile from spreading on my face with just the mention of him 'strange, maybe I should talk to Embry about it'. After getting out my car and walking to the front door, I fished my keys out of my bag and open the door to hear dad shouting at the football on the tv "OH COME ON! THATS A FOUL!". I couldn't contain my giggles. "Really dad, your team's losing... again?" I said smugly both of us knowing I support the winning team. "Shh it's the ref, he's just.. cheating" bursting out laughing I said "sure daddy, just keep telling yourself that. Anyway I'm just going to head off to bed" walking up to my dad I kissed his cheek then started to walk up the stairs whilst hearing my dad reply "Goodnight sweetheart. Sweet dreams."

After taking off the little make up I had on. I changed into my silk shorts and sports bra and slipped into bed. Before falling to sleep I could of swore I saw a shadow by my window, but I couldn't think to much about it as sleep took over.

Edward's POV

I know I shouldn't be here but I couldn't help watching Scar snuggle up into her pillow. She was so adorable. 'What am I doing. I'm with Bella, her half sister" I thought angrily but I couldn't move from my spot. Shaking my head, I slowly start to climb down just to make every minute count when I heard a gasp and quickly looked into Scarlet's window to see she had jumped upwards up in bed. 'I wonder what woke her up.' Quickly listening I heard Bella calling my name. I reluctantly climbed down the tree and ran home. I couldn't face Bella right now, couldn't face listening to her making fun of Scar when she's nothing but perfect.