Chapter 31

Charlie Swan's POV

Once Scarlet shut the door, I couldn't help but finally realise the difference between both my daughters. Scarlets becomes more timid when it comes to her being upset, she tends to close herself off by bottling up her emotions until she can't handle them anymore...and all her emotions catch up to her. Seeing her cry just then before she left was heartbreaking. She's my baby girl, my job is to make her happy, not be the reason why she doesn't feel wanted in her own home. Even just the way she shut the door shows a difference between Bella and Scarlet. Bella would shout and slam the door seeming to want everyone to know that she was angry but Scarlet, she's so different...She would just go quiet unless she's trying to get her point across but even then she never raises her voice, which for some reason is even worst than shouting because then I never know whether she's truly hurt. Like now, I didn't even know that Scarlet was feeling that way. I honestly thought she prefers being left alone like Bella does. I guess that's my first and biggest mistake though. Scarlets nothing like Bella and in the nicest way possible, I'm glad for that.

Still standing in the same spot, just hoping it was a nightmare and Scarlet would just walk through the front door with her angelic smile and tell me about her day at school. I only just now realising that not once have I asked how her first day of school was or even to see if she was settling in alright. Shaking my head, I start to head towards the living room couch, praying that Scarlet is safe, wherever she was heading and that she will either come home soon or at least contact me to let me know if she's okay. Sitting down I blankly stare at the tv until I hear Bella's footsteps coming down the stairs.

Bella's POV

I couldn't stop the smile on my face when I notice Scarlet wasn't here. Finally.. Just me and Charlie, how it should be. Walking into the living room I see Charlie staring at the blank tv but think nothing of it- He must just be tired from work, I think to myself, and sit down whilst turning the tv on with the remote. "I heard the fight between you and Scarlet, it sounded really bad. I hope she didn't say anything that was untrue or made you feel like your parenting skills are bad. She's just being ungrateful but YOU know how much I love you" I say trying to hide my smirk 'It was only a matter of time until she messed up for Charlie to finally believe ME and see her for what she truly was, a selfish, attention seeker who only cared about herself' I think with glee not realising that she was basically describing herself. "I'm sure she deserved you kicking her out though so don't feel guilty, I understand you guys were never that close anyway" I say with a condescending pat on the shoulder trying to be sympathetic.. the key word... trying. Not realising that it's her and Charlie's, father/daughter relationship that's strained whilst Charlie was Scarlets world.

Not noticing her dad sending her a shocked, almost pained look, him finally be able to see how much she hated her sister, in all the facial expressions she uses when even speaking Scarlet's name was so obvious that Charlie laughed hollowly, figuring out that he's almost lost his youngest daughter because of how he always listened to Bella's jealousy over Scarlets truth.

Charlie Swan's POV

Looking over at Bella, I see an almost glint in her eye that I've never noticed before but wish I'd never have to see again. Has Bella always been this hateful towards Scarlet- and manipulative towards me where I don't even notice when my youngest child is feeling so unloved in her own home, but yet she feels like she can't even come to me about it because I was so oblivious.

How have I never seen this side of Bella before It's like I don't even know her anymore but then again, I guess that's what happens when she never tried to keep in contact with me like Scarlet did. Thinking back I couldn't stop the tear rolling down my cheek which Bella seemed to ignore, from all the time Scarlet would no matter what she was doing, make an effort to talk or come down to see me.. 'she's always been a daddy's girl' with that thought I felt physically sick , I quickly grab the landline and dial Scarlet's number, just hoping to hear her voice and know that's she okay and just wanting to let her know even though she should already know but that I love her, not caring that for the whole of his life he's always been the one to not push. Just knowing that for once in Scarlet's life she needs to feel like she's coming first.