The Morning After

My alarm went off at 7:30 and I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed.  I walked over to the bathroom and got in the shower.  Today I was going to take a little bit of extra time to get ready for Luca.  I mean he did say that he wanted today to be perfect.  Now that I think about it, this was going to be our first date.  'What did he have planned?' is all I could think about.  

I blow dried my hair and started getting ready.  Today I put on cute underwear and a good bra, this time with a little bit of lace just in case he somehow managed to see them again...or if other things started to happen.

I walked back into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup when my phone rang.  I raced out of the bathroom to see who was calling, really hoping that it wasn't Luca saying he was here because I was no where near ready.  

It wasn't.  It was Lila. 

Thank God.  

It's felt like forever since I've actually talked to Lila.  She doesn't even know that I'm seeing my teacher.  I honestly don't know if it's a good idea to tell her though.  Knowing her, she will go tell Liam then Liam will tell his friends, and then they will tell his friends, and so on and so forth until the entire school knows.  I sat there thinking about what I could or couldn't tell her.   I loved her to death, but she had a big mouth.

As I sat there thinking the phone kept ringing, and finally I realized I had zoned out for a minute and picked up the phone.  

"Hey Li!" I answered energetically.  I was excited this morning because Luca and I were going out on our first date.  I hope Lila wouldn't notice my eagerness through the phone, because she knows I AM NOT a morning person.

"Hey. How's your boo thang?"  She said laughing.  I got really nervous.  I hadn't said anything to her and I definitely didn't need things going around school about me and a teacher.

'Wh-what?" I stuttered. And in response she laughed. 

"Haha I'm just messing with you since I know you're totally into Mr. Knight."

We both laughed this time.  However, my laugh still was filled with nerves.

"What are you doing today?" She asked me.

Crap.  What was I going to tell her?  I couldn't say that I was going on a date with Luca.  I sat there thinking for a second to come up with some BS excuse.  

"Oh I actually have plans to go help mom at the hospital all weekend.  It's a volunteering thing." I lied.  

"Aw that's nice.  Well tell your mom I say hi.  Miss her.  Maybe you can come over or something tonight."

Tonight.  Oh my gosh.  I just remembered that there was the party tonight.  I had been invited to a party for the first time ever and I wasn't about to go turn that down.  But I wasn't sure if Lila had been invited or not so I just said "Yea maybe. I'll see how late I'm volunteering.  I'll probably be exhausted."  I lied again.

"Alright well let me know.  Love ya". Then she hung up.

Great.  Now I have even more things to stress about today because I have to look good at this party tonight.  I mean there wasn't any guy I was trying to impress because I had Luca, but the girls were the ones I was more worried about impressing.  This was my chance to become someone who people actually knew.  

I looked over at the clock and it read 8:20.  ONLY 10 MINUTES UNTIL LUCA WOULD BE HERE!

I raced to get ready, putting on makeup and a cute outfit.  It was a pair of blue shorts and a nice white top that I tied at the bottom.  I didn't have time to finish doing my hair so I just braided it quickly.