Friday...

Luca picked me up and the rest of the day seemed to go fairly usual.  We went back to the house and relaxed.  I did some homework.  Then we had dinner and went to bed.  In fact the whole week seemed to go that way.  It was a nice change from our crazy hectic lives that I had been facing the past few weeks.  

Friday came around and that peacefulness that I thought I was just getting used to, I was not yet aware but it was not going to be there for much longer.  I walked into the school after being dropped off that morning and moved my way in towards my locker.  I came to find Lila standing by it with a big smile on her face.  I knew what this was about. 

Tomorrow is the homecoming dance.  This girl lived for homecoming football night and the dance...as she should because she was the star cheerleader.  They had been practicing for this night.  

"You know what tonight is right?" Lila questioned eagerly.  

"Yes Li..." I said reluctantly.

"And you promise you'll be there?"

I didn't go to football games, but I thought since she was keeping such a big secret for Luca and me right now, I would go.

"Yes Li" I said a little more encouraging this time.  

She gave me a huge hug and we both smiled at each other.  

The warning bell rang and I knew I was going to get crap from Luca if I didn't get there on time so I started to rush off down the hallway.  I was running down the hall I heard from Lila, "You better have a dress for the dance too missy!!!"  I rolled my eyes at this comment because we both knew I was not going to the dance.

I made it to Luca's room just before the bell rang. 

"Cutting it close today Miss. Collins." Luca said snarky.  

"Yea but I'm here and on time" I responded sassy back to him and he gave me a look.  With that look I sat down and he began the lesson as the bell rang.  

--

The day went by fairly quickly today.  I went to all my classes and no issues.  Turned all my assignments in.  Then at the end of the day I went to Luca's room to find him on the phone.

"Yes Mar.  I'll be there."

I gave him a look after hearing this.  He walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek and said, "Someone had a little bit of sass in them this morning.  Not enough coffee in the cup I poured for you?"

I still had the look on my face and I was not saying anything.    

After he finally noticed my attitude he said, "And what is this attitude for...?  It's Friday."  

I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay so not the right question for you obviously."  He packed up his stuff and I shook my head and walked out of the room and started towards the corner where he would pick me up.  

However, when I finally got there I decided that I would just keep walking.  I liked the break for a moment from Luca because of his idiocy back in the classroom.

Luca finally caught up to me, but I wasn't much farther past our normal pickup spot.  He rolled down the windows and yelled out the window, "Hey this isn't our spot.  Where ya headed beautiful?"  I ignored him and kept walking.