Chapter 3

Sami POV

Now, it was lunch time. The time of day when I get to eat food. The time of day when I get to eat my Mom's wonderful food. And now, the time has come.

"Hey, Sami." Ariana perked. "Let's go to lunch." I nodded my head, and we walked down the stairs to the lunch room.

Since it was a big school, it took about five minutes (which is a long time to walk as of being in a school) to get to the lunch room. I looked around to see that many people were there, sitting, and having lunch. There was a sushi bar, several vending machines, and a ton of people waiting in line to get food.

"I want you to sit with us. Meet some of my friends." Ariana said.

I followed her to the table where all her friends sat, and I also found out that Nathan made a few friends along the way.

"Hey, guys. This is Sami." She introduced me. "Sami, those are some of my friends that I made in sign language class, and those are some of my childhood friends." I waved at them, and they waved back at me. "So, Sami here is mute. She can't talk." She looked at me. "Here, let me introduce you to my friends."

She dragged me around the table to meet her friends. They were really nice.

"That's Hannah, Jarred, Abby, Cassandra, Alex, Carter, Derek, and Jacob, and yeah. No need to introduce you to Nathan."

"Damn, she's so hot. And pretty. And beautiful. And-" Carter was talking to Derek when I stopped him in the nodded of his sentence by glaring at him. "-scary."

"You see, I'm mute. Not deaf." I signed.

"Figured."

I sat in between Ariana and Nathan. I opened my lunch bag to see that I had a small container of noodles and a small box on the side that contained a slice of vanilla and a slice of chocolate cake. I opened the box of cake, and I gave Nathan the vanilla cake, and I took the chocolate one. Once I gave him the cake, he looked like a kid who just got a king sized bar of candy.

"You're awesome." He said.

"The only reason I gave it to you was because I don't like vanilla. But I still would have given you a bite even if I liked it."

"I would do the same."

He took the cake, and gobbled it up, but I decided to save it for later. After lunch. I quickly ate my noodles, and I ate the cake.

"Wait, why did he get cake and I didn't?" Derek asked.

"Well, because I don't like vanilla cake and I know that he does?" I signed.

"Well, you could have asked."

"Well, he's my brother."

"He's your brother?"

"You didn't know?"

"You two don't look alike."

"I know."

"Why?"

"Long story short, our Moms died when we were young, and my Aunt adopted me. My 'Mom' and his Dad got married, and there."

"Sad story." I placed my hand on his.

"Be happy you're not me." He nodded his head.

"I'll try."

"So, how did you like school so far?" Ariana asked me.

"Not as bad as I thought it would be." I replied.