Chapter 33

Sami POV

My mind was flooded with thoughts of what might happen later today, during the date. How would I start a conversation with him? How can I just look at him without remembering all the bad stuff, let alone talking to him? What do I do in the first place?

I laid down on my bed, my forearms crossed at my stomach. I raked my hand through my raven black hair which was straight at the moment. Thinking and thinking is what I have been doing since I came home after school. This is the one time I get to spend some time with Cole after the accident.

I still love him more than my life. What if he says something that I don't like? What if I mess something in between us? Would he ever want to see me again?

It was a second after when a groan left my lips. I was frustrated. Nervous. Extremely tired. But most of all, I was afraid. I was afraid of rejection again. What if all he wants to do is push me away? Then why would he ask me to come over to his house?

Unanswered questions were still left hanging in my mind. Every second that passed, there were more questions that could have a countless amount of answers to them, followed by more questions. There is probably no way I could make this day without feeling all the different emotions that I feel right now.

I raised my right wrist to check the time. It was five thirty currently, and my hand trailed down the side of my face. I wanted to go see him, but at the same time, I couldn't face him at the moment.

I got out of my bed to pick an outfit to wear to what I think is a "date". I rummaged through my closet to find something decent to wear. I just needed to wear something, but I didn't know why I was being so picky.

Is it that I want to impress him? I shook my head.

After about a minute or two of searching through the many clothes that I had in my closet, I found what I decided would be the right outfit for the "date".

It was a Coffee Brown Off-Shoulder Sweater

It was a Coffee Brown Off-Shoulder Sweater. Surely, it was super comfortable. Under that was a pair of black jeans slightly ripped. I got it last year, but I never got a chance to wear it. It's the first time I'm wearing this outfit.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I let out a sigh, adjusting my sweater the way it was supposed to be. My hair was neatly combed to the side, leaving one of my shoulders being completely bare, and the other shoulder being covered by my long, raven hair.

I grabbed my crutch and I limped down the stairs, only to find out that my brother looked very fancy in a black shirt and a new pair of jeans that he bought the other day. His hair was nicely combed back and looked sleek with the gel that covered his hair strands. The living room smelled of his cologne that I didn't really like the smell of that much.

"Where are you going?" I asked him while coughing to the scent of his cologne. He never told me he was going somewhere.

"Oh, when I drop you off at Cole's house, I would pick up Ariana and we would go out for dinner. Somewhere really fancy. You know, Café Pinot?" He stated in a perfect French accent. Seems like he didn't notice my suffocation.