Chapter 23

Sami POV

I walked all over my room in nervousness. Of course I was nervous. Mom and Dad would be here any moment now, and I don't know what to do. What should I say when I see them?

"Woah, woah, Sami. It hasn't even been twenty four hours since you got your voice back after twelve years, and you won't stop talking." Ariana joked.

"Yeah. Because I'm nervous. I have always wanted to talk since the past decade, but I never did. And because of a shot of alcohol, I could talk again. And what will happen when Mom sees me talk? What about Dad? What will people at school think? Oh, I don't even know anymore. What is happening to me now? Oh God-"

"Sami! Seriously. I never saw you this nervous. You seriously have to be calmer about this. It's not like you're going to the Hunger Games or something like that. You are meeting your parents. And first time, after a long time, you are going to talk to them. Not a big deal."

"But I'm scared."

"Scared for what?" She walked up to me, and placed the palms of her hands on both my shoulders. "You really have to chill out. How about some ice cream?" I sucked in a breath and let it out.

"I guess that could work."

So off we went down the stairs into the kitchen, to get a small bowl of cold, sweet ice cream. I chose a small bowl of Cookie Dough Ice Cream, but knowing Ariana, she took a bigger bowl Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. Right before I could put both container of ice cream back into the freezer, Nathan came into the scene. He wrapped his arms around Ariana's waist, and kissed her temple.

"You two look beautiful together, it makes me want to cry." I wiped a fake tear that rolled down my cheek, and Ariana laughed while blushing.

"Thank you, dear sister. I would love to see you with someone as well, and cry." Nathan commented.

"Oh, shush. You know how hard it is for someone to handle me."

"That's why I said it." He took another spoon, and scooped some ice cream from my bowl. As I would always do if Nathan steals my food, I glared at him.

"You could have taken some from Ariana."

"I know the consequences if I steal food from her. And to be honest, they are worse than buying a pack of gum every week for two months." I stuck my tongue out at him. I hate when he talks about my obsession of gum. "Real mature, Sami."

"You know I hate it when you talk about my love of gum." He mocked my facial expression.

"Hey, why not sing? It's been awhile since you did." I thought about it.

"You know what? I think it's best not to. The last time you heard me sing was when I was four, and you were what? Five? And at that time, I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for the class, and everyone closed their ears because I sounded that bad. Even you closed your ears." I chuckled at the memory of it, even though no one liked it.

"It was just that one kid, I remember, who did not close his ears. I think he's name was Stephan. You know the only kid in the class who was a blonde?"

"Oh, yeah. That kid. He was annoying as hell." I rolled my eyes. "I mean, seriously? Courting me at the age of four? Ridiculous, I say."

"I thought it was pretty funny."

"I thought it was funny when Jackie acted like a slut only to you at the age of thirteen."

"Don't even get started on her."

"It's not her fault you asked her out as a dare in the first place."

"But she didn't have to be all over me for that."