Chapter 24

Sami POV

I cradled Baby Sasha in my arms as I watched her sleep. Finally, she could sleep peacefully. All night, all I could hear is a faint noise of her cry, which hit every corner of the house. I could sleep if there is a faint noise of rain, but trying to sleep when some baby is crying is really hard. And I have to bear with this for another year. I think.

I closed my eyes, leaning my head on the back of the seat to rest a little bit. The school day was truly exhausting. I really needed some to sleep and think about everything that has happened. I mean, we didn't have too much homework today, but the difficulty of the tests that Ms. Onyx Grudge makes feels like it is enough to make you a doctor. And I don't want to go through that much stress at this time.

Mom is currently sleeping, and Dad is making some food with Nathan and Noah. I can smell the wonderful smell of what I think is Chocolate Chip Cookies. Well, recently, Nathan finally learned how to bake cookies the proper way. And I have a feeling that Noah would gobble the whole batch of cookies, imagining himself as Cookie Monster, which I think is a good thing.

I smiled as I remembered what had happened yesterday. Cole helped me talk, something that I have wanted to do, but couldn't do. I was finally happy that I could communicate like a normal person. And he even asked me out on a date last night. And the way he asked me was so ADORABLE! Hearing him stutter like that is something that I would have never expected from him.

My heart fluttered at the thought of him. His ocean-like eyes made me lost in them. When I'm with him, my knees get weak. Especially when I kiss him. Holding me up is what keeps me from falling down to the ground. Being with him is what keeps me sane. Even though I almost died because of him, I love him, and I will, no matter what he does.

Thinking back to that night I was drunk, his name was the first word that came out of my mouth. He promised me that he would never leave me. And that he would always be by my side. Would he keep that promise? I remembered one saying: "A sober man's thoughts are a drunk mans words."

Before I can think further on that one saying, I felt my phone vibrate through my pocket. Who would it be right now? I brought it out of my pocket, to see that Cole was calling. The corners of my lips quirked up into a smile because of that.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey, Gumdrop." And that was Cole, of course.

"Yeah. you called."

"Great observation there, Sami." I chuckled at his sarcasm.

"I meant why you called."

"Well, just to remind you, it's six thirty. And I said I could pick you up at seven. And I hope you didn't forget the date."

"How could I? You have been reminding me after every class about the date."

"I am proud of you. You didn't forget." I gave out a quiet giggle, making sure not to wake Sasha up.

"Well, then. I'll see you at seven."

"Great. Remember to wear-"

"Anything comfy. I remember that too."

"Good. see you."

"Yeah." I smiled after the conversation with him.

It was the first date that I ever had. And it is with the person I- I probably said it too many times now. There is no time I might have felt happier that I feel right now. I smiled as I thought back to this morning.