Chapter 13

Sami POV

I smiled as I felt the warm breeze hit my face, as I came back home from a nice drive on my motorcycle (who I named Happy). I parked my bike right in front of the closed garage, and I took my helmet off, having my silky black hair unravel from a tight bun. I took the key out of the ignition, and I walked inside the house.

"Hey Sami." Mom greeted, as I placed my helmet carefully on the table. I waved at her with a smile, that showed off my dimples. "How was your ride this morning?"

"Great."

"Did you get anything?"

"Yeah. I got the York Peppermint Patties you asked for. How could I forget?"

Mom was going through her fourth month of pregnancy, and she was still craving a lot of food. I looked down at her stomach, to see the little baby bump that grew on her belly. I smiled more, knowing that I was going to be an older sister, again.

Noah was really excited that he was going to be an older brother, since he is the youngest. He said that he would finally get someone to boss around, like Nathan (sometimes). But Noah's excitement just makes me really happy. Whenever Mom just sits around, he would come up to her, and start talking to her belly. It's adorable!

I took the bag of York Peppermint Patties out of the plastic Walgreens bag, and I put aside, to use it later. I handed the York's to her, and she gobbled them up with gusto.

I laughed at her childishness, although she didn't care. I walked out of the kitchen, to see that Nathan and Noah were playing Hide and Seek. Nathan was clearly in his suspicious-mode, and I could see Noah putting his finger to his lips, for me to not tell him about his secretive (not really) hiding place.

"Did you see Noah anywhere?" Nathan asked me.

He knows that both of us know where Noah is really hiding, but Nathan really wants Noah to think that we can't find him, and make him feel superior. I inwardly smiled, but I shook my head with a serious expression.

"I don't." I shook my head again. He let out a fake groan in frustration. "Ugh! Where is he? I've been looking for him for such a long time. Noah, you win again. Where are you?" He sighed in defeat.

Noah opened the pantry door, and he ran out from inside, jumping on Nathan.

"Yes! I win again! You have to make me cookies now!" Noah yelled.

"Noah, you know I can't make cookies."

"That's why you have to make cookies until they taste good." I started laughing so hard that I fell on the couch.

Nathan's least favorite thing to make is a batch of cookies. No matter if they are shortbread, sugar, M&M, or chocolate chip, he cannot make a perfect cookie. They either become too salty, too sweet, sometimes even spicy, undercooked, overbaked, burnt, too crispy, or too cakey. Never the perfect on. That's why whenever Noah wants some cookies, I would make them for him, because they turn out to be perfectly chewy in the middle, and golden brown, with a slight crisp on the edges.

You want some cake? How about some cookies? A couple macaroons to go with it? I'm here for you.

I sat down properly on the couch, and my laughing died down relatively quickly. I knew that I could still laugh more if I wanted to, but I think that I could save that for the rest of the day. I looked at Nathan and Noah as they were playfully wrestling with each other. Nathan just falls down in defeat, to make Noah feel superior to him. I mean, Noah has to feel strong at this point, or how will he feel strong later?