Chapter 31

One week later

Cole POV

I'm an idiot. I was an idiot a long time ago, and I still am one. You know what the others say: Once a cheater, always a cheater. But in this case, it's: Once an idiot, always an idiot. And that is true. Ask anyone in my family; they would say the same thing.

I was an idiot for not noticing Sami for her strengths, but her weaknesses. I was an idiot for making Sami almost die when she attempted suicide. Then I was an idiot for rejecting Sami and almost killing her again in the process. I'm an idiot for breaking Sami's heart. And I hate myself for that.

It hurts so much that she thinks that I don't love her, and she doesn't want me to be with her anymore. She tries to convince herself that her life was normal before and after the accident.

But what hurts the most is when she said that she would get over me. Does she even know how hard it is to get over someone? Becoming normal after my Dad left me took me at least a year two feel better about my life. And I know how much Sami still loves me. She can't get over me that quickly.

The way I was making my way to school made my sister so annoyed, not that I cared or anything. I just wanted Sami.

"Cole, come on. We're going to late for school if you go this slow." Ariana said.

"I don't want to go to school." I whined like a little kid.

"You were already late to your homeroom twice in the morning. Do you really think that you could get away from it the third time?"

"It really doesn't matter to me. At least I'm going to be at school for the rest of the day."

"If you don't care, I care. Because I am coming to school with you by my side."

"You could go by yourself."

"And leave you here? Come on, Cole. You have been so distant since the accident. You're not the same brother you were before the accident."

"It's Sami."

"I know it's Sami. You should go and talk to her."

"She wouldn't want to. She says she's going to get over me."

"I know that she can't, no matter how much she tries." Her eyes lit up. "Sami told me that she's coming to school today." I looked at her with a straight face.

"Ha ha ha. That's really funny. That's not going to make me be at school earlier than I was since the past week." I continued trudging the way with my sister.

"I'm not kidding." She frowned at me. "If you want, you can read the conversation that I had with her last night." She gave me her phone, opening it to the conversation she had with Sami.

>> Hey Sami

Sami>> Hey! Wassup?

>> When are you coming back to school?

>> I really miss you and you are in almost all my classes. T_T

Sami>> My ankle's feeling better now. I guess I'm going to come tomorrow. I already missed a whole month. I don't want to miss any more

>> Really?

Sami>> yeah

>> Yes!

>>Thank you so much!

That small part of the conversation was enough to make me sprint the rest of the way to school. I might have left my sister back there, but I would probably see her in about two minutes or so. It's okay.