~Imagine #21~

This is a part 2 to the last chapter

I walked into my room, falling on the bed. My phone buzzed, and I automatically knew it was bff/n.

Bff/n: what's that supposed to mean

Me: C/n broke up with me :(

Bff/n: oh

Bff/n: I'm sorry

Me: I kinda knew it would happen at some point just not so soon

Bff/n: I know you really liked him do you want me to come over

Me: Nah

Me: I just want to be alone for a bit

I set my phone down beside me. Pulling the cover over me, I fell asleep. I didn't want to overthink this because it would just hurt worse.

•3 weeks later•

I walked into school, actually feeling happy for the first time since C/n broke up with me.

"Hey." Bff/n said, walking up to me while I opened my locker. "Hey." I replied cheerily. "Well someone's in a good mood today."

"Yup, and I really hope nothing changes it because I haven't been happy for a while."

Bff/n frowned, looking behind me. She quickly turned back and smiled, probably hoping I didn't notice.

"What?" I tried to turn around, but she stopped me. "Uh, don't worry it's nothing. Let's go to class now." She tried to pull me to our first class, which was ahead of me. I pulled away, and turned to look behind me.

C/n was holding hands with another girl, both of them smiling and laughing. We never did anything like that. We usually just met each other by my locker, and talked in between classes.

We never held hands, kissed, or showed in any way that we were together while we were in public. That's exactly what they're doing, though.

Tears started to fill my eyes, all the happiness I felt was gone. My heart broke when C/n kissed the girl.

I turned back to bff/n, "Let's go." She nodded while I kept my gaze on the floor, letting a tear slip out. I didn't want anyone to think I was crying.

Bff/n and I walked into class, sitting in the very back. The bad thing is, C/n is in this class. So is the girl.

"You doing ok?" Bff/n said from beside me. "Yeah, I'm fine." She gave me a sympathetic smile, "This will all turn out fine."

All I could do is hope she's right this time.

Throughout class they talked and laughed, getting in trouble once. It hurt knowing I didn't make him that happy, but at least he's happy now I guess.

•a few days later•

I sat down at the lunch table with bff/n, glancing over at C/n quickly. The girl was with him, but he seemed like he wasn't as happy.

She seemed to have the same attitude as the day I first saw them together, all smiles.

"Maybe this is like a fairytale." Bff/n said, taking a bite of her food. "How so?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You were together, broke up, he decides to get another girlfriend to distract himself from the mistake of breaking up with you, and then you two get back together."

"Ha, I wish." I looked back at C/n, who was looking at me. He turned away quickly, and...blushed?

"See?" She said smiling at me. "He definitely misses you." I shrugged, "It might've just been something that girl said."

Bff/n shook her head. "Nope, it had to of been you." I looked at the table. "I hope you're right."

After the last bell rang, I went to my locker. A note fell out when I opened it. Picking it up, I read it.

'Meet me at the bleachers on the baseball field'

I rolled my eyes, thinking it might be a prank. Making my way to where the note read, I made sure no one would pour water on me or something.

I finally made it, but didn't see anyone there. 'I knew it,' I thought, still thinking it was a prank.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, hugging me from behind. I jumped, almost screaming, and turned around.

"YOU SCARED ME!" I yelled at C/n, who was laughing his a*s off now. I playfully punched him on the arm.

"I'm sorry," he said while calming down, but I knew he wasn't. I had completely forgotten about everything that happened, just enjoying being near him again.

"So?" I asked, and he let me go. "Uh, yeah, I need to talk to you." C/n blushed, looking at the ground. He was really nervous which I thought was adorable.

"I'm really sorry for breaking up with you. I thought it would be better to be apart, but I realized that I need you in my life. You're amazing and cared about me, and I couldn't really see that at the time. I really missed you, and thought I could get another girlfriend to get my mind off you. Now I know I can't replace you. You might not ever want me back, but I just want you to know that I love you-"

"What?" I whispered, stopping C/n from his rambling. "You love me?" I raised my voice a little so I could be heard better.

"Uh, yeah. I do."

I smiled widely, "I love you, too." C/n looked hopeful. "Really?"

"No, I was just saying that." I turned to a serious expression, and I laughed when he believed me.

"I'm kidding! I love you a lot!" I smiled again. "Don't ever do that again!" C/n said, putting a hand over his chest like he had just been terrified.

"That time you scared me." He smiled. "Payback." I crossed my arms. "So will you be my girlfriend again?"

"Of course." He hugged me, picking me up off the ground. "I love you so much!" He yelled, spinning me around once. "I love you so much, too!" I screamed.

We both let go, laughing because we just screamed that and got a few weird looks.

"You want me to walk you home?"

"Yeah, just give me a second." I smiled, pulling out my phone. I typed the message, and caught up with C/n since he started walking already. I hit send on the message.

'I guess they are real.'