~Imagine #36~

C/n's Point Of View

"Different. That's the word I would use to describe her. Yeah, I know. Everyone says that about the one they fall in love with. It's just that when you meet that one person, they really stand out to you. She's not like anyone I've ever met before, and she's not like the others. This girl has a kind of fire in her eyes, a bright aura, a smile that lights up a room no matter the situation. She's perfect in my eyes, whether she thinks so or not. There is-"

"Hey, what are you writing?" Y/n tries to grab my notebook. "Nothing." I snatch it out of her hands and make sure the words are covered. "Why can't I read it?" She crosses her arms and stares at me intently.

"Because it's nothing important, or nothing you would care about anyway. Plus, I'm not even finished."

"C'mon, please! I've seen you writing a lot lately. I just want to read this one at least. I won't ask to read any more. Please!" She begs, giving me a pleading smile after she finished her sentence.

My heart started beating fast, and I was getting nervous. Of course we are friends, but I'm worried she won't like my writing. Or worse.

She figures out who the girl is.

I sighed, handing over the notebook. "All right, but don't judge my writing." She quickly took it from me before I could change my mind.

She quickly reads over the page, mouth opening slightly. My heart started getting faster than before, and my breathing got heavier.

Don't worry.

I kept telling myself, even though it had no effect.

"Woah," she whispers, eyes still staring at the page. "This is really good. How come you've never showed me any of this before? And why are you so nervous? This is amazing! Even if its not done yet."

I smiled, feeling my face turn hot, sure it was starting to have a red tint. "Thanks," I grabbed the book back.

"So..." she started. "Who were you writing about? You had to be writing about someone."

And finally, she asked the one thing I was dreading answering.

"Uh, it's no one." I lied, hoping she wouldn't catch on. I can't let Y/n find out about my feelings, it might ruin everything between us. She's such a good friend and I don't want to lose her. Almost all of my thoughts are negative, though. Like, what if she doesn't feel the same? What if she never talks to me again? Those thoughts outweigh the positive, and I know I shouldn't tell her.

"Yeah, sure," she smiles and rolls her eyes. "Do you really think I believe that?"

"Well, I was hoping you would." I mumbled, looking anywhere but her. Y/n takes her hand and forces me to look at her. "You don't have to lie to me, ya know?"

She smiles, but there is something different. It's like her usual cheerful smile, but there is a change. I can tell it's not real.

"Okay, tell me why you're getting a little upset now. Then maybe I'll think about telling you who the girl is."

She gives me a surprised look, then blushes a bit. Y/n tried to hide her face. "O-okay, w-well."

She started to stutter, and turned to look at the wall to our left. "Well?" I asked, now taking my hand to make her look at me.

"This isn't about me!" She tries to change the subject. I give her a look, raising my eyebrows. "Okay, fine!" Y/n groans throwing her head back then looks down to the floor.

She mumbles a few words, not loud enough for me to hear. "C'mon, I have to be able to understand you." I smile. She looks up, staring at me a second before opening her mouth. She starts to speak slowly and carefully.

"I.. may like you... a lot."

I know the shock was evident in my expression. She bites her lip, looking away again.

"See? I knew I shouldn't have told you."

My mouth was open, and my eyes wide.

I slowly shook my head in disbelief. Once the words sank in, a huge smile spread across my face. I hugged her without even thinking.

"No, I like you too!"

She let out a small laugh, hugging me back. We stood this way for about a minute before pulling away.

"So... be my girlfriend?" I asked, still smiling. "Of course," she laughed hugging me again.

Guess I didn't have to be nervous after all.