Chapter 28: First Move

Mei's POV

Ever since I saw how much I hurt Kaoru, I'd lock myself up, not physically but mentally. In class Kaoru wouldn't look at me or talk to me. It's gone like that since the 3 months I came back.

I've talked to Kyoya and told him that I can't marry him, surprisingly he was alright with it. But if my father tried to do something I'm 'ootori fiance'.

The bell rung and I saw Kaoru walking out, I followed him, he walked passed the old Host Club room.  I quickly grabbed his wrist dragging him in the room.

"Leave me be Mei." He growls I felt like I was on the edge of crying

"N-no."

"Mei back off." He pushed me off him "I want nothing to do with you anymore."

I felt the tears begin to flow making my eye sight blurry. I see him about to leave.

"Then tell me! Tell me you hate me!" I yelled tears still spilling out from my eyes "tell me that we never had anything! Tell me!"

"I h-hate you Mei Chikashi." He glares at me but his eyes had sadness in them "we never had anything...never talk to me again.."

Without me thinking I pinned him on the ground, me sitting on top of him.

"Get off me Mei. I told you I want no--" I smashed my lips on his. Still tears spilling out of my eyes.

Shortly feeling him kiss back. I pulled away.

"I love you Kaoru. I always have. And always will."

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist.

-

That day I ended up going over to the Hitachiin mansion for dinner. And I spent the night in Kaoru's arms. I'm happy to finally be with Kaoru again.

"Mei." Kaoru's soft voice spoke I hummed "will you be my girlfriend."

"Of course my lovebug."  I cuddle up against his warm body. Drifting to sleep. Before I felt a kiss on my forehead.