Why Me?

I really hate Casey. She knew what she did to me when she signed me up for this. She knew I would not be cool with it, which is probably why she didn't tell me anything about it.

All I knew was we would not be returning home for at least a week, which made me question why I just bought all that junk when I wasn't going to be able to use it.

I packed two bags. When Casey saw this, she gave me shit and packed another two bags. I do not know what she put in them. She didn't let me see. We were currently sitting in an office where I was supposed to be meeting the boss, or the producer, as I was told to call him.

He was late, like twenty minutes late, which I was told is usual. If he liked you, he would show up within a half hour of said meet time.

My guess everyone in show business are ego maniacs.

I've been here for about two hours and all I heard was how the producer was a huge pain in the ass. I was nervous. Why does he want to meet with me? I am just a lowly assistant.

Really, I am an assistant to an assistant. I don't need any of this.

The door busted open and in came a strikingly handsome man. Well, he was handsome from across the room. As he approached me, I noticed his features carried a hint of falseness, and he wasn't so handsome up close. He was tall, had dark hair with a reddish hue, and dark eyes, a perfectly tailored suit that just so happens to be black with accents of red.

He screamed don't mess with me. With every move, he made he had an air around him. If he wanted it, he got it. He tried to smile at me reassuringly

I was not reassured, not even the slightest.

All he accomplished with that was making my heart rate spike. He nodded at Casey and unbuttoned his jacket and sat down right across from me.

I squirmed in my seat, something about him made my skin crawl. Something kept nagging me. Not really sure why, he seems pretty nice, but he hasn't opened his mouth yet.

"Hello, Miss. Baxter, I have heard quite a bit about you. I can only hope you have heard as many nice things about me as I have you." He stated with a brilliant smile, his voice like honey pouring over ice.

He stretches his hand across the table for me to shake, which I do, somewhat weakly. I have never shaken as many hands as I have today.

In an attempt to be pleasant, I smile at him.  He held my hand for a moment that felt too long, but I didn't want to come off rude.

 Reminding myself, I really needed a job, even if it is on a TV show that went around searching for evidence of ghosts. Yup, you heard me, ghosts. And the best part was the name of the show.

Do Ghosts Exist? I had done my best not to giggle like a mad woman when they told me the name. It was ridiculous!

Okay, maybe it was the idea that people actually watched ghost hunting shows that made me laugh.

I got lost in thought and was startled to realize that I can't remember his name was staring at me. Clearing my throat as I racked my brain for what he had said to me last.

"Well, of course, I have heard about you, it is a pleasure to meet you finally. Don't worry it has all been nice things." I added kind of hastily, I didn't want to get Casey in trouble, indirectly.

He started to chuckle. I could feel my bewilderment on my face. Glancing at Casey trying to ask did I say something funny? She slightly shook her head. He does his best to stifle himself, seeing my confused face. He leaned back into his chair as he stared at me.