Here's, Stitches!

I paced the living room, trying to recite the passage for the millionth time in my head. Xander was on the hunt for the candles, herbs and other odds and ends that I needed. Casey was trying to find a back up summoning spell, she wasn't having much luck. None of us were very fond of the summoning we had. Stitches was old, so we had to assume he was powerful. We weren't sure if he was still human, he sure didn't look it last time I saw him.

I didn't want to ask for Papa's help and without it I was heading down a dark path.

No worries, I wasn't planning on staying on it for too long. I tried to reassure myself that it was better than letting Papa know I lost a book already. Ma'ii lifted her head off her paws and stared at the door, she had grown tired of pacing with me.

I was getting tired of hearing my shoes squeak on the floor every couple steps.

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, squeak.

Repeat.

My other brain decided to make it into a song. She was gleeful, I could almost feel her dancing about my mind. She for whatever reason loved the idea of summoning a great big old powerful demon -possibly-.

You might ask yourself why and to be quite frank, she's fucked in the head.

Yes, I realize this is my mind I'm talking about, but the truth is the truth.
I'm fucked in the head.

Casey appeared into my line of sight, interrupting my thoughts.

"Did you find anything else?" I asked in a rush. Feeling hope raise just a little.

Just to have it dashed as her head dropped and she shook it no.       

We collasped on the couch together, defeated by the day. Good thing was we only had a few hours left. Casey found the remote and turned the TV on. She channel surfed, landing on a show I had yet to learn about. It was mid-way through, I wasn't even going to try to pay attention.

Was I making a mistake? Maybe I should wait and see if the book returns?

No, no. My other brain cooed at me. Reminding me, I didn't really have time for this.

With the meeting for James, pressure from both Xander and Papa. I was dying to get this over with. If I needed to know.

Casey distracted me enough to get me to eat dinner. I laid down shortly after, I had read resting before heavy spellwork was beneficial. I need all the energy I could muster.

After food, I decided we needed extra protection. Also I wanted an excuse to not have to suffer through more if this mindless show. I got off the couch with a plan.

Heading to my room, with Ma'ii in tow. As she got comfortable on my bed, I grabbed one of the new books I got. It was on all different kinds of charms.

It couldn't hurt to make us protection charms, right?

I don't really care about myself, but I won't let anything to happen to my friends. Determination steeling my resolve, I gathered all my materials. Ma'ii tried to help by biting at things as I set them up in how I was use them.

Between the two task; making and gaurding the charms, I had killed a decent amount of time.

A knock cut through my room, as I was dumping the leftovers into my side table draw.

"Yeah, come in." I didn't need to know who was on the other side, before I grabbed a bag. They were all happened to be green.

Hopefully they brought us luck.