Course of Action

Sitting at the table, surrounded by the whole crew and now multiple pieces of equipment, I was at a total loss. I had no idea what I was doing and no clue how to help this family of spirits. Casey and I had made a list of information she needed to research for, considering she was the research queen and all.

On her list was any psychic, medium, voodoo priest, anyone really, who could help us and she also had to find out something about the burnt man. We still had a day until the night investigation hopefully by then I will have some inkling as to what I am going to do.

Since my room is now command center I was stealing Xander's room, I grabbed my blankets and tablet grabbed the room key from Xander and shuffled my way to his room and collapsed on his bed. I was asleep before I could count to three.

I was awakened by a very cranky but happy Casey who had a suspiciously quiet Maddox with her. She had a stack of papers in one hand and a coffee in the other. She took turns alternating which hand she brought to her face, once I saw her try to read and sip at the same time which resulted in her slipping coffee all over her face, causing Maddox to laugh -the first sound he made- and me jumping out of bed to save the papers.

She was grumbling and wiping her face off with a napkin that I swear just appeared out of thin air. Maddox brought her another cup of coffee and he brought one to me, handing it to me with a small smile on his face.

I started reading the papers, they were fire reports in the area of the office, only 3 of them had male victims, out of those three only two of them had a partner it included the partner's name. She had the names of both of them, but no pictures which wouldn't do much good considering all I saw was the charcoal remains, not what he looked like before.

Well, it's a good start, and that's one less thing to worry about. I didn't get the chance to read the other papers, they were taken from me by Casey. I guess they weren't for me before I gave myself the chance to get angry, I remembered I hadn't taken a sip of the heavenly drink I had.

I stumbled around the room until I realized this was not my room and that is when the contents of last night replayed in my mind.

I ran back to my room with a plan.

1. Take a shower.
2. Reread the information I had about Mae and Jon.
3. Attempt to find a charm or maybe a spell to help me.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I was at my door trying to get the door open, I kept sweeping my card and getting the red light, that's when I slapped myself on the forehead because I was using Xander's room key to open my door.

I fumbled around for my key, panicking a bit when I didn't find it at first.

Yay! I found it and opened my door, glancing around making sure no one saw anything and I slipped in my empty room. Heading straight to the bathroom, my brain was on a shower and that's all it cared about.

I was halfway through my shower when I heard a cough, I freaked so hard I fell out of the shower, taking the curtain down with me. Using said curtain as a cover, I winced and groaned my way up and peeked out the door, Xander was sleeping on my bed. Which made sense now that I thought about it, I did sleep in his room after all.

I closed the door softly, and tenderly fixed the shower and got back in the shower. I wash thoroughly, examining myself as I went, I had a pretty nasty bruise forming on my leg and hip, a few cuts here and there. My elbow was sore and bruised too, and I don't remember hurting it.

Once I could smell nothing but my shower gel get out of the shower, dry off and dress in the big fluffy robe the hotel leaves in the rooms. I tiptoe into the room and quietly search for my clothes, trying not to wake Xander proves to be rather easy, he could probably sleep through a bomb going off.