IX. (Mega Chapter)

~
"Heimdall?"

"Hm?"

"Uh- Never mind actually."

"Oh hush now, child. What is it that troubles you?"

"I don't know. It'd probably be rude of me to ask anyways."

"I am a man of tough skin, I'm sure there's very little you could say to insult me."

"It's just... How did you lose your eyes? Were you born that way? Did something.. happen?"

"Oh!" He laughed. "Was that all?"

"Hey, some people get really offended by questions like that."

"Well, it was an unfortunate accident that I lost them. A fight for the one I love that came at the cost of my eyes."

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be." He smiled "I'd do it again if I could."

"You would?"

"Of course! Love is worth so much more than one's physical attributes. Hell, I'd be a bloody stump if it meant I could keep her safe. Flesh is feeble but the right love can last forever."

"Oh? Is she your wife?"

He sighed with a smile. "No, actually. She is promised to another man. A lucky man indeed."

"And you'd still lose everything for her?"

"Love doesn't always end in wedding ceremonies and happily ever after 's. Sometimes it's just seeing them happy - even if that means to be betrothed to another man - and being happy that they have found peace."

"You're a good man, Heimdall."

"Not a good man - a foolish one probably, but at the very least; I'm one who knows his boundaries."

"So... Was it love at first sight?"

He chuckled. "Ha, No."

---

"Piece of shit!" I yelled.

"Ah ah ah! A mouth like that won't get you out of your restraints any time soon, now will it?" Loki teased.

"What is this anyway?!" I struggled.

The floor creaked as I leaned forward to stand up, quickly thrown off balance by the newly added weight to my hands. I look down, there was something binding them together. It was rough and looked to be made of a more flexible and durable version of the sword used to plunge through my chest earlier. There was no reason to try and loosen the grip for now.

"I don't suppose you've ever seen what makes up a black hole? Takes a lot of lives to retrieve something so impossibly deadly. But I'm sure you've heard that before, right?"

"What could you possibly be talking about?!"

"Ugh, you're more human than I thought- I'm talking about a black hole, it's make up proves to be the only thing that serves as an opposite to you. What restrains you holds a good amount of it's properties and is the only thing we have to stop you from - you know - killing everyone again." He explained.

"Alright fine, how about why am I here? And what the hell am I wearing?!"

"You, my darling; are sitting in the illustrious kingdom of His Majesty, Sengusial. And for your information that dress you're wearing could quite possibly be the most expensive piece of clothing in this galaxy. So it'd do well of you not to tear it with all that struggling you're doing."