XXVII. (Ultra Chapter)

If it's what you truly want,

I can wear his skin;

over mine.

Inherit his features. Please your eyes with the thought of him as you speak his name. I can become him if you so desire.

But that's not enough, my aster.

My flower.

Does that not yet delight you?

Then by all means;

I can rip out his tongue,

And swallow it whole.

Maybe then, my gift; will his voice encompass my own. Will his song ring from the cords of my lungs; will the value of his worth wash over me. Does that not please you?

Appease you?

Satisfy your hunger?

Then his scalp

Will be my crown.

A proud one, glorious one even. Bedazzled in his hair and blood and melded in his skin. I will be a king to fate's fortuitous favor. I will be yours as you were once mine.

As I was once yours.

As you are still mine.

~ Steve ~

My slumber was burdened by constriction.

I awoke to the bite of rope at the skin of my wrists. Tied against a leg of the headboard that held my back at a comfortable lean, I found myself in a bed of some sort. My only constraint the rope that bound my arms behind.

I shuffled to break free but was stopped by her voice. "Don't move too much. You need your energy to heal and you know how oddly the serum reacts when I do it."

I glanced up a her. "I can heal myself."

"Not as fast as I can." She moved her chair to the side of my bed.

Abandoning my efforts to break loose, I scanned the room as I leaned to the support of the headboard. "Where's Banner?"

"In our observatory, finding you both a way back home."

I sighed. "And why is he here?" I gestured at Thor's brother, glaring at me from the far side of the room.

She sat back in her chair. "He doesn't trust me being in a room alone with you, if you can believe it."

"(Y/N), you do know what I did was an accident."

"I do."

"Then why is he-"

"What happened out there, Steve?" She cut me off. "Hulk I can understand but you? Barreling through me like you had lost your mind? Acting like a complete lunatic?"

"I was angry."

"You were inane, Steve."

"I don't~" I sighed. " I don't appreciate your tone."