XXVI.

[Some dark themes ahead.]

  "Nice job out there, (Y/N)."

~ Two years ago ~

Grabbing my utility bag to leave, I shut the door of my locker to be met with Jai's warm green eyes.

"Thanks, Jai." I smiled. "You did a great job out there too."

"Me? Pshh. I'm a chump compared to you. - A year here and you've already left the rest of the class in the dust; how do you do it?"

I shrugged with a smile as I began to leave. "Hard work, I guess."

Grabbing hold of my wrist and turning me to him with a tug; he spoke with a smirk. "Hey, don't go yet. I wanna talk to you."

"I'm sorry." I looked back at him. "But I gotta go. Rogers is waiting for me outside and I'm probably taking longer than-"

"Ugh, forget him." He groaned. "It's just us right now."

"Jai." I sighed. "We've talked about this, there is no us. ~ We're in the girls locker room anyways." I tried for my wrist but he only held tighter. "You shouldn't be in here as it is."

He spoke impishly, nearly yanking me towards him. "Is it really so wrong that I wanna be with you? Just stay here with me for a bit."

"Let go of me, Jai."

I pulled furiously for my arm, but his grip held like steel. "You're making a scene for no reason, (Y/N). Nobody's here." He sang.

Aware of his intentions, I dropped my bag in a swift motion and made an attempt at his throat with my free hand. But to my misfortune was quickly averted by the grip of his opposing palm at the twist of my wrist; turning me face first to the locker behind me.

I pleaded with him as my cheek met the cold door with a hard slam. "Jai, please don't do this. We can come back from this. We can still be-"

"Shh. Be quiet."

I could hear his belt buckle unhinge from behind me. "No, no, no please." I whimpered. "I've never even-"

"It'll only take a minute." He whispered.

Hot tears dripping from my jaw, I struggled as his fingers went for the hem of my sweat pants. The feel of the digits were unforgiving. Ice cold as he searched my inner thigh for the crease that separated skin from underwear. But just as his hand found what he had sought out for; the limb was yanked away, my hands suddenly free.

"Son of a bitch!" A familiar voice hissed behind clenched teeth.

Turning to face my faceless defender, I was met with blissful relief.

Steve.

"How dare you?! How fucking dare you?!"

It was a sight to behold.

Like a magnet, the brunt of Steve's callous knuckles met Jai's face with unyieldingly dedication. Mercilessly and unrelenting, the vigor released upon the boy proceeded without stagnation or diss-ease. Constant, as blood drew with every concise punch.

"Did you think you would get away with this?! Huh?!" He roared. "You disgusting fucking worm! Answer me!"

But he couldn't. He just groaned and cried from his obviously broken jaw as Steve released an anger that the devil himself would cower from.