XVII.

In that moment you reminded me of my father, so able to exist in two places at once. To lay dead and walk the living. To be a stranger and an apostle. To love effortlessly and turn abandon. You brought to me what combined them as one: an ascendency in circumstance.

An inheritance in itself it seems but not one bounded by blood. What man untreasures  flesh? None I've known of ill importance.

Yet still I wonder: When did love become so fortuitous?

When did the smallest gesture become so pivotal?

When did I become so cursed by a blessing?

What a misfortune, I fear; to be this lucky.

A flower bloomed a dandelion.

Fruit too ripe to eat.

I emerge from a slit in his neck.

~Loki~

Deeper I dove, not just into her lips but into the spell entirely. Almost like a dream, how I saw myself fall into her. I was willing to make a fool of myself at this point. If she pushed me away so be it but, at least I'd get a taste of what it was like being worthy of her consumption. She made the weakness of temptation seem as though a prize, and I could no longer muster the strength to withhold such hunger.

It's was my own fault anyways, how little time it took for me to collapse under the weight of her glory. Time after time, I felt to only set myself up for failure with every passing moment we spent together. And last night in my chambers served to be the final straw to brake the camel's back. If only I hadn't been so cruel towards her, but at the time that was all I had left to keep my knees from buckling.

But look at me now, a god knelt by the desires of a mortal man. Over throned by the presence of a deity and made annul by a spell of skin. I've never thought defeat to be so heavenly.

Removing my hands from her wrists, I broke the kiss to lift her feet off the ground. "Does this feel like a lie to you?" I hissed before returning to her lips.

Tongue intied with hers, I leaned forward to press myself desperately against her. I wanted to savor every second of this moment. To taste attentively, like a connoisseur to a fine wine; I needed this sensation to be engraved in memory.

Opposing my expectations, she met this gesture with a squeeze of her legs around my waist. Just as I, she was pulling herself against me. Clinging lovingly at my shoulders as our tongues danced to the rhythm of our shared desire. I had expected she'd pull away by now, but to a delightful surprise my hungry kisses were responded to with a helping of her sweet lips. I was gifted with a small whimper as I carried her from the wall to the bed, holding firmly at her waist as she sat upon my lap.

Gently, she pulled her lips from mine to speak. Her eyes held in a slight squint of confusion, she spoke softly. "Loki...I..uh-"

In a sudden panic I interrupted her. "No, I..I'm- Ugh- I'm so sorry. I'll stop if-"

"No." She gasped. "No, please don't."

Please? My arms felt suddenly assaulted by the chill of goosebumps.

Reaching for one of my hands, she clasped my fingers in hers. "I'm not...good at this."