Assign

Before I knew it, I was really into these girls, and my self-effacing tendencies didn't let me down this time; what a relief.

After a few minutes of interacting, Monika made her way to the table, and held her hand up, index finger slender and proud. "Okay, everyone. I've come up with an assignment for you all. Since our new member here enjoys to write, I think it'd be all the more warming to write a poem to share with the class tomorrow, in a way to get along with each other better!"

Sayori beamed in joy. "That sounds like a perfect idea!"

Yuri diluted her attention to the floor in embarrassment. "...Share my writing?" she stammered. She seemed to be a more shy than I had expected.

Putting her hands on her hips, Monika nodded her head. "Think of something that suits your aura, and make it come to life with your pen. Remember, poems don't have an ending, your pen does, however."

What she had said intrigued me, I never knew that Monika was so deep into this kind of thing.

I enjoyed speaking to the girls, and overall, the experience seemed almost pivotal. But, a poem? I've never been that enthusiastic with my writing. I suppose I could always try and impress Yuri, since she's been on my mind the most.

Sayori hoisted her bag over her shoulder and motioned me to head over with her and Monika. I kneaded the chair to my desk behind me and followed her notion.

Before I could move, however, a cold, soft hand grasped the lower portion of my wrist. I turned to face Yuri, blushing once more. "Hey... I uh, I was wondering if you wanted my phone number. To, you know... Text. J-just for emergencies! ...And, things like that." she spoke, in such a shaky tone.

I gestured to her the softest of smiles, to render her sure that I wasn't a bad entity. "That's completely fine Yuri, you can text me about anything."

"Great!" she spoke, handing me her phone. It was slightly bizarre that she'd simply hand me her phone and watch me do my magic, hands pressed gracefully between her buxom chest, still as rosy as usual.

How is she accidentally being so adorable?

Laughing along the side of Yuri, Natsuki sneered in confidence, capturing both of our attentions. "Trying to impress our new member again? You're so bashful!"

I watched as Yuri returned fire to the bewildered Natsuki, giving her a heavy look of anxiety. "So, you think that your incessant whining is doing any better?"

Natsuki gritted her teeth. "Oh yeah? Well, I'm not the one whose boobs magically grew a size bigger when he showed up!"

I watched in slight awe as they continued to repress emotion into each of their insults. Sayori appeared behind me, "I'm sorry... They're just a little flustered, haha... Come here!"

I followed Sayori to the podium, where Monika was. Monika patted her stack of books as to gesture that carrying them was quite the task.

She beamed me a sunny expression, and spoke, "Hey there! Just wanted to make sure that your experience here is going well, even though it's your first day, haha..."

Not wanting to put her in a dismal mood, I decided to overexaggerate myself, not mentioning the fact that I really only enjoy this club because of the girls. "It's really comfortable. I'm glad Sayori showed me around."

Sayori gasped lightly in her hand, and clung to my arm. "I knew you'd start to have fun in a club!"

I managed to form a fake smile, feeling embarrassed to have this girl squeezing my arm infront of the others like this. "Come on... Quit it..." I said, nudging her off.

"Sorry, I just really like clinging to you," she spoke. "It's been a while since we got to spend this much time together!"

Monika looked endearingly at me. "You too have some past, I see."

Sayori and Monika continued to speak indefinitely about the club, while I trailed me way back over to Yuri. "Hey, Yuri?" I called for her attention.

"A-ah, hi there..." she spoke.

"I hope I'm not invading your privacy, I just wanted to say that it's really a pleasure getting to know you." I said.

Did I say that?

By now, Yuri's cheeks were practically melting in shock. "Do you really think that, -kun? I'm happy to hear that, I really am..."