XIX. Theory of a New Poem

I shuttered in shock, and rose my head from my desk. The sky was as clear as ever, the mixture of morning colours stipulating that I was in homeroom, perhaps I had dozed off. Students were congregating in their usual cliques, preparing for their day.

Sitting quietly, I took my time to rerun every bit and piece in regards to what had happened, in the void. Luckily, it didn't take me long to assure myself that I was placed back in reality. Only the above ones know how long I've been out of this universe.

"Hey, are you alright, -kun?" a familiar voice extended to me from nearby.

I turned my head in languish, to greet Sayori. Man, I couldn't describe the immediate sense of thrill I had to see my best friend, Sayori. "Hey... Kid," I said, my voice a little low; I felt a little ill.

For hours, I smiled, fervid and proud.

The lack of noise and resonance in the halls during after hours was something to be thankful for. The Literature Club's doors were wide open, and Natsuki's bubbly voice echoed throughout the area.

With uproar, Sayori cheered, as Natsuki pressured me to eat her newly-baked cupcakes in a way that almost forced me to bust out in laughter.

And, the warmest welcome of all, sat in a seat pressed up against another. I beamed brightly at Yuri, while she gaped her mouth open in glee to return a joyful stare. In her hands, held the Portrait of Markov, and a direct copy of my housekey used as a bookmark.

To conclude my theorem on effects in regards to Monika's reign, I decided to note one particular thing. Perhaps the thick, intangible fog prior to my return resembled my lack of realization. In a way, Monika was right. Maybe in general, I am a space cadet. But then again, I cannot exactly confirm anything about myself and remain sure if I will turn out correct or not, I feel as if my own thoughts were toyed with in the process. Ergo, my case will not rest just yet. None of it matters, anyhow.

I sat down with Yuri, as she held my hand with passion. With her free hand, she turned to the first page.

Chapter One.