IX. Circumvent

I knew it'd come out of her mouth. Damned me, I should've just said something. I doubt Yuri would take this lightly, at all.

Even Natsuki seemed appalled, immediately turning to look at Yuri.

Monika held the same odd, almost corrupt smirk she had since she gathered our attentions. I couldn't decipher whether or not this was some ellaborate plan to agitate Yuri, or an actual attempt to spend time with me; sad.

Suddenly, Natsuki grinned widely and laughed aloud, "HAH! What're you gonna do about your precious little husband, bitch?" she shrieked, pointing at her whilst tilting precariously from her chair.

"Not so fast, Natsuki, you're going with Yuri." Monika declared, her bizarre grimace still glued to her face.

"WHAT?" Natsuki yelled, shooting Monika a drop of the jaw.

"Yep! We're going to become more amecable with each other among the class, so, I expect you and Yuri to work to your apex potential." Monika claimed.

Yuri stood up.

She let my arm go softly, advancing to Monika.

Monika began, "Yuri, don't get physical, now..."

"Are you intentionally acting so self-righteous because it just adores you to act as a sadist in front of my beloved? Maybe, being a president is the only way to achieve having any sort of reaction with another male?" Yuri snarled, not a pause in her word, flawlessly bitter.

"No? Come on, talk to me, make another soft comment to mask your sadistic intentions, come on... You're a deduct to filth without your unentailed title that you offered yourself."

Every word she uttered seemed to have a vile blossom to it, closing in on Monika until her index finger hung off of her uniform collar.

"Are you leaning to lose your privilege, your friendship, life maybe?"

From behind the room, Natsuki yelled out, "Hey Yuri, has -kun ever told you he loved you?" said in an overweening manner.

Yuri turned to face Natsuki, slightly dropping Monika from her withholding grip. "Actually, yes! Him and I are deeply in love!" she proclaimed, almost triumphantly. "-kun, you and I will continue to have intercourse and share our love in a plethora of ways, my darling!"

Natsuki gushed in daze, "You'll what!?"

At this moment, I was unsure of what to do. I felt heavy infamy after what Yuri had yelled aloud to the others.

After a period of silence, Monika, with a giddy grin on her face, motioned me to follow her lead, while Yuri and Natsuki continue to dispute.

I shook my head. "Hey, Yuri, please relax. I have to use the restroom real quick, wait here for me?"

Transitioning as if it were nothing at all, Yuri met my eyes, "Of course darling, I'll do anything for you–; anything." she assured me, as her and I smiled, while I took my leave.

Monika had lead me outside of the school, not even bothering to take my bag home. She played the whole 'follow me!' sort of routine, rushing across the halls to make sure we weren't seen. I had to admit it, it made me feel a little more jovial.

Her and I hadn't come to contact until we made it to the street. Yet again, the sky had dimmed to a nostalgic, hiraeth-like gloaming; much quicker than I had expected it too.

"Well," Monika said, emphasizing the situation we've gotten ourselves in. "That worked out!" she said, both of us practically panting from sprinting across the halls.

"Why did you have to do that?" I asked, as I proceeded to follow Monika.

She shrugged, unheeding of her actions, "Oh, I don't know..." she began, dropping her fabricated reasonings, "I just hate seeing you being so antisocial in the class. And, you know, Yuri's been hoarding you all to herself recently, and uh..." she paused.

"Nevermind, I'm sorry I did that  -kun. You shouldn't have to be involved in this kind of stuff." she said.

I let out a final, elongated sigh that caught my breath up to par. "I know. I'm sorry, too."

I followed Monika up until we reached a petite, almost modernized-looking chalet engraved into a nearby plaza close to the school. She faced me and smiled. "Cool place, right? It almost looks exactly like the ones in the Switzerland..." she said, as her and I stared at the unique building.

"Pretty small." I commented.

"That's the point, silly... Come on, let's sit down and have little date!" she pleaded in a mellow yet exciting tone.

Monika and I sat down in seats next to the awning window along the side of the café. She sighed aloud, catching my attention.

"Oh, do you even like coffee? Jeez, I should've thought things out more..." she said, palming her head.

"You're not daft Mo-"

"Good word!"

"...Monika, I just think you're trying a little too hard sometimes. You should give yourself a break, or loosen up, or, you know..." I told her.

Monika smiled. "I know, everyone's like that. I guess you and Sayori get the whole bold and brazen aspect from each other." she said, as she continued to look out of the sky.

"You think she's bold?" I asked in a muddled manner.

Before she could answer, her and I adjourned our conversation to make requests with our waitress who had shown up to take our orders.

Dismissing our previous words, Monika carried on.

"So, you had sex?" she overtly asked.

I hung my head slightly, "Well, yeah... I was kind of wheedled into it though." I admitted.

"I kinda figured..." she laughed, dwindling a spoon around in the air like a child. "How was it?" she asked.

I squinted my eyes to show vexation, "I don't really..."

"No, it's okay, relax -kun," she giggled once more, "I just wanted to know what it was like. I haven't exactly had many relationships in my life."