*the proposal ||(chapter 7)*

Zayn's POV

"Sadeeq you can't believe mom paired me up with her friend's daughter....you remember Ramadan's mom? "

"What? " he shouted across the phone as i stretched it before i go deaf "yeah i do...that nice aunt that bakes delicious cookies...does she have a daughter?"he asked

"Yeah and i think I'm just going to say no" I sighed rubbing my now throbbing forehead.

"Man go see the girl first and then decide carefully it's not like you like someone right?" Unsure of what he's saying he asked "plus she's Ramadan's sister she might be okay and you might go along "

Aneesah that name crossed my mind instantly "No I don't " i disagreed with my crazy head and i hanged up after saying bye unsure about his 'Getting along' part.

"We're late bhai" yazeed yelled from outside
"I'm coming " and we drove to the house. on the sight of the house my childhood memories played infront of me as we played hide and seek and Ramadan chasing me with a water gun. His mom opened the door welcoming us. She still has that homely smile that i so miss i wish her daughter was like her. At the sight of aneesah i thought i was hallucinating but, no it really is her 'aneesah'

This is interesting

"Zayn habiby do you know each other " my mom asked I felt myself gulp.

Aneesah's POV

"No aunt i heard her name from my mom" why would he say that

"I think we should give them some privacy to talk right?" His mom said sipping the tea my mom brought. I was asked to take him to our garden together with Ramadan, they exchanged greetings and some old time memories as we walked there I guess they really got along before as we sat on the chairs there while Ramadan stood a few steps from us.

"So aneesah how are you?" How am i?

"Alhamdulillah " was all i could say as my face filled with embarrassment

"There was no need telling them about us knowing each other and the ruckus you made this morning but, Ramadan knows " he continued and I nodded at least he's considerate "how old are you?"

"Nineteen,you?" Playing with the laces of my dress.

"Twenty seven" replying in low tone as if embarrassed of his age

"Umm...what are your hobbies?" I managed to ask him

"Reading and horseracing " whoaa I'm amazed he's quite organised "what about my student? "

"Reading, helping the needy and kids " I smiled suddenly remembering them

"Okay that's very good so i guess we'll talk later" and he left without me identifying whether he's going to approve or not when sayf and ubaid instantly appeared out of nowhere

"Neesou" they said in unison smiling cheesely.

"What?" Looking down blushing

"He's handsome"

"A doctor"

"From a respected family..."

"And Ramadan's childhood friend" sayf and ubaid counted

"But i don't want this marriage" Ramadan announced going inside the house what's wrong with him...really

"Aneesah you know he was the one who caught you from falling at the foundation?" Ubaid said staring at me blankly

"What ?" Now i was freaking out "Couldn't you have told me earlier?" I wanted to hit him with my shoe when mom called

"Aneesah habibty ta'aleey (Come here)" I knew she was happy but istikhara comes first.

After returning inside zayn was nowhere to be found "habibty we'll be taking our leave and we'll be waiting for your answer" his mom announced smiling wholeheartedly Masha Allah why did he leave ? Was a question i asked myself. As soon as they left after telling everybody I'll offer istikhara i went looking for Ramadan.

"Ramadan" I spoke softly knocking his door.

"Come in" he permitted me in. He sat on his bed with his head in his hands that sight worried me

"Akhi (brother) what's wrong " I asked him softly touching his shoulder while siting next to him

"I'll miss you princess" he said a bit embarrassed "He's going to talk you away from us"

"Awwn akhi I'm not leaving just yet and besides you can always come when you want to see me" I assured him hugging him " I didn't know our big boss is this emotional" I teased

"Don't you dare tell the boys" he threatened still hugging me

"Okay but only if you promise you won't forget about me when you get married " he laughed so hard his voice vibrating against my shoulder

"I promise...you sily girl" and I joined him laughing too

"I guess nobody wants to hug us ubaid" I heard sayf's voice That drama queen

"Come here you two" I stretched my arm laughing. All the happiness i could ever want is right here with you guys. A tear of emotions found its way down as i thought of leaving them. I'm going to miss them alot.

Zayn's POV

Suddenly speaking of the orphans i remembered the other day at the foundation, my heart beat quickened as i remembered how vulnerable i felt when she was taken from me. I can't let her find that weak spot of my heart no, but whatever Allah chooses is surely the best and i have faith in Him.

I have to offer istikhara to know if she's the one,i can't even believe i am saying yes to her, just her, i can't believe I'm feeling all these but as soon as I'm infront of her i act the opposite.

"Beta(my son) " Mom said in Urdu

"Yes maa " I answered coming out from the kitchen after sipping some water

"Soo how was my daughter in law? Isn't she beautiful?" Mom spoke proudly "I've made the right choice right?"

"Yes maa you did" yazeed interrupted behind maa "she's perfect for him "

"This boy wallah" I started chasing the rabbit I'll catch that boy and seal his lips

"Bhai is in love " he started singing while to running " He's in love with aneesah kaabeer the beautiful damsel"wallah I'll kill that boy

****
I went to bed earlier than normal switching into my pyjama shirt and sweatpants, I lied down on my 2nd love ' My bed' that is, after my isha' prayer I offered an istikhara and i really wished it'd be a yes even though i don't understand why, I sighed as the softness of the bed hugged my frame the moonlight found its way into my room which was dark now turned dim giving it an attracting touch while, the soft moon coldness made my skin get goosebumps i suddenly thought of aneesah i looked over my phone remembering that yazeed gave me her number which he collected from her brother I just hoped she's not asleep, Each and every ring made my heart takes a faster pace.

Pick up, don't pick up,pick up

I kept contemplating whether i wanted her to pick up or not and at the end she didn't which disappointed me a little...i wanted to hear her voice for the last time today but little did i know what Allah has in store for us.

Good night aneesah kabeer

A/N

Assalam alaikum folks this is the proposal people do you like it.... press that star and let's see the couple 😍😍💕💕💕❤❤❤

Dedicated to bayderh and hauwoje0 for their constant love and support 😙💕💕