🌸Reunion(chapter 31) 🌸

Zayn's POV

"How's the minister's condition?" I asked my eyes reviewing the patient's file while i shot glances at dr.mustapha, a thoracic surgeon in the hospital.

"He still hasn't regained his memory" he shuttered a bit uncomfortably getting on my nerves. I grabbed the glass of water beside me and threw it on the wall beside me while i watched it shatter to pieces then looked back at dr.mustapha.

"THEN WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING NOT CALLING A NEUROLOGIST?" I yelled a sting finding its way to my head. "Or are you here for me?"

"No...I'll..i...i was busy sorting my interns into groups" he shifted pushing back his glasses.

"Get lost and if he dies you take full responsibility " i finished and showed him the door while i closed the file and throw it away.

   A soft knock came through my door. i permitted whoever it was in.

"Zayn...zayn didn't know this position will turn you into a temper king...tsk tsk poor kid, i will just tell ammy to hand the office to me" he looked pathetically at me as i laughed hard at his drama.

" the hospital will collapse in just a day man" i said while he huffed in annoyance.

"Alright whatever, now go sort out your own interns since you don't want to keep your doctor occupation aside " he reminded me. I nodded and removed my suit replacing it with my lap coat.

"He becomes president of a hospital and still work for the hospital who does that? Mr.zayn yusuf " he announced making me chuckle.

"This is the period where i get migraines due to those kids" i reffered to the interns following sadeeq who was laughing at my nagging session. I opened the double doors of the neurosurgery department taking in a deep breath. Another round of shouting ohh Allah.

"Good morning freshers, i hope you're all set for the year. I will be sorting you into groups and each group will have their shift timetable" i explained looking at the familar and new faces together with some who weren't in sight. I looked over to sadeeq who i assigned to do my work. Who handed me the files. " i grouped you into colours cause it's easier" i smirked at sadeeq thanking him with my eyes.

"Blue team... yusuf sawfy, kabeerah mahmud... " i called until my legs weakening as i kept calling until i reached white team and the third name i saw made me go numb. I sat on the floor earning looks from everyone.

"Man what's wrong? " sadeeq asked kneeling down while my face spoke horror. He collected the file i was holding like my life depended on it,which i believe does.

"I don't think it's what you're thinking zayn" i quickly shook my head in disapproval and turned to the interns.

"I want you to go out one by one" I said hardly breathing "please" and one by one they started leaving when i spotted the person whose name i saw on the list.

"Aneesah " i said instantly standing up and hugged her without hesitation As her figure stiffened. "Oh my God Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah " i prayed and hugged her tighter around me. Hers following too right after my words. I felt liquids fall on my shoulder and pushed her back a little to look at her face.

"Zayn habiby" that was the first time she called me that and the first time she held unto me without even thinking if someone could be there. "I'm so sorry...i" i couldn't let her finish when i hugged her back again.

After she was done crying i heard sadeeq come back inside again. "Sister-in-law this guy almost broke into pieces without you..." i grabbed a nearby file and threw it at him while, she laughed. "It's so good to see you aneesah"

"Sadeeq we're going home handle everything " i said and before bothering to listen to his response, i pulled my wife out holding her hands. I'm never going to let you leave now.

Aneesah's POV

We passed through the whole hospital with zayn holding me, i tried squirming out but he wouldn't budge. 'You did this to him too aneesah ' was what kept replaying in my head. Leaving your husband for two years and losing his baby in attempt to save your brother then, will he ever be able to forgive me?

"Habiby" he hummed back trying to put on my seatbelt "I..." he blocked my lips with a finger.

"Let's talk at home neesouh" he smiled back making me nod in approval.

We drove in a silence that spoke more than we wanted to. It wasn't awkward it was peaceful and that too because we have each other. He kept looking beside him just to make sure he wasn't dreaming or i wouldn't disappear into the cold air. The house was the same, everything was where i kept it. I looked back at zayn in question

"I..umm... couldn't sleep here so, i moved to sadeeq's " he stammered rubbing the back of his head. This guy will be the death of me.

"Are you up for some cleaning then?" I asked going into the kitchen with him following me right behind.

"Sure" he said and i handed him vacuum cleaner while i grabbed the dusters and table cleaners.

"Okay then, let the cleaning begin" i sang and clapped my hands making the man infront of me laugh while plugging the vacuum cleaner to the socket.

"Over there, yap and there too " i kept showing him places he skipped intentionally to make me come and show him.
"Hey how's um ayman? I bet she'd give me a nice beating tomorrow " i stood and held unto my chest while zayn laughed hard barely able to speak.

"I think she absolutely will, i just kind of gave her a holiday till the day you come back " he spoke sadly and i couldn't help but, tear apart.

"Habiby... I'm so sorry" i sat on the couch as he did the same too and held my hands "I'm so sorry for putting you in this dangerous position and for losing our baby...i " i couldn't continue as the thought of the baby came to me. The tears i held betrayed me once again and flowed.

"You didn't lose our baby habibty, Allah took what he gave us and in sha Allah will reward us with another. Maybe that baby wasn't the right one for us or we aren't the right parents him " That is completely true and i never thought of that. It was all Allah's plan. Astagfirullah. I nodded "And you leaving, i wasn't angry about that, i was worried and anxious because you and Ramadan were both sick, you barely woke up from a coma but, I'm glad. Glad that you're both fine" what could i ever wish for ? I asked myself as i looked into his brown eyes. Allah has given me all,Alhamdulillah.

"Thank you " was all my lips could say and my hands did the rest by pulling him into a hug. I felt all the burdens of this world has been lifted up my shoulders. " I miss you" i whispered into his ears as his touch made me shiver slightly and i smiled remembering the feeling.

"I miss you too Mrs. Zayn Yusuf... Don't ever disappear anywhere without me again okay?" And that was it and i nodded still smiling.

Assalamu alaikum folks did you like it? Then please press the star for Mr and Mrs zayn yusuf ❤❤❤❤💞💞💞💞❣❣❣❣