CHAPTER 9

CRYSTAL'S POV

That's strange. They were just in our sight but we can't find them anywhere now. "I think they took the advantage of the crowded area and left the mall" Ashley said and we all nodded. "Guys I don't think it is good for us to stay here. There's a chance that they might come back" Sarah said. "I think she is right. We should go back and maybe we can continue this some other day" I said and they all nodded. We all left the mall and Zoey dropped off Sarah, Rose and Ashley first since my house was the closest to hers. Then she dropped me off to my house. We bid our goodbyes and she drove off. I entered the house and mom was nowhere in sight. "mom" I called out but got no reply. "mom!" I shouted louder this time but still I got no response. I was starting to get scared. I looked around the house but she was nowhere. I then went to check in her room and, there she was, sleeping peacefully. I breathed in a air of relief and went to check upon her. I saw a bottle of sleeping pills sitting on her bedside table along with a empty glass of water. Oh so that's why she didn't respond me. I don't like it when she takes these pills but if they are helping her sleep then it's fine, but only to a certain extent. She doesn't take them so often so that is not a problem.

I quietly closed the door and went upstairs to my room. I changed into something more comfortable and got into my bed. I was really tired but I couldn't sleep. My mind was just circling around the events which took place in these past few weeks. I don't understand, all of this happened all of a sudden,
a few weeks ago my life was normal. But now all of this. My head had started to hurt due to all this thinking. But then something clicked in my mind. All of these strange events are happening after Tyler and his friends came to this town. Is there a connection between the two things, could this be Tyler. No no no. What am I thinking. I am sure it couldn't be him or them. I don't even know him properly and I have already started to accuse him. I chuckled at my foolish thoughts. I closed my eyes trying to get some rest and after a while I drifted off into a deep sleep.

When I woke up I heard my mom working in the kitchen. I looked at the clock on my bedside table to see it was 9:30pm. How did I sleep for so long?. I just shrugged and went to the bathroom and washed my face. I came downstairs and went to the kitchen. "oh you're awake. Did you sleep well?" Mom asked me when she saw me entering the kitchen. "yeah mom it definitely helped" I said smiling. My mom looked a lot better than she was from the past few weeks, about which I was really happy. She made us dinner and we sat at the dining table eating in a comfortable silence. We occasionally talked about usual things. Then I placed our dishes in the sink and washed them. "Good Night Crys" my mom said and then she went to her room. I wasn't sleepy at all, so why not watch some netflix. I went upto my room and grabbed my laptop and headphones. Let's start!!

It was around 1 or 2 in the morning when I decided to sleep because if I didn't sleep now I would definitely have a hard time tomorrow at school. I closed my laptop and placed my headphones along with the laptop on my study table. I got into my bed and closed my eyes.

THE NEXT MORNING

"Crystal wake up or else you will be late for school!" I woke up to my mother's shout. I groaned. I wanted to sleep some more!. I didn't want to go but somehow manged to get out of the bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and had a quick shower. I got out and went to the closet to get my outfit for the day. I got dressed and rushed downstairs and saw mom making breakfast. "Mom please don't cook breakfast for me. I am already late for school." I said to her as I grabbed my school bag and started walking towards the front door. "ok" she said sighing. "Always in a hurry" I heard her mumble. I rolled my eyes and walked out the front door.

I started walking to school. After a few minutes I reached the school. I went to my locker to get the books for my first lecture and to keep my bag. I was getting my books when I heard the bell go off. "Oh no" I whispered as I grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut. I rushed to my class. When I reached there I saw that the teacher hadn't arrived yet. I sighed in relief and rushed to my seat. Tyler was already sitting beside my seat as always. "Hey" he greeted me smiling. "Hey" I replied back in a hurried breath. Then I noticed his hair and it immediately reminded me of the mysterious guy from yesterday. Their hair looked exactly the same. "Is there something in my hair" Tyler said when he noticed me staring at his hair for a while. "oh no it actually reminded me of something" I said as I shifted my gaze. "what?" He asked curious. "nothing important" I said trying to change the topic. He kept urging me to say and finally after him pleading to me for a while, I told him about the mall incident.

When I finished I noticed that he had a nervous look on his face and he avoided eye contact. "Oh really. I-I mean that's really w-weird" he said stammering. Why did he become so nervous all of a sudden. I was about to ask him but them our teacher arrived and the class started. Throughout the lesson Tyler didn't look at me even once and avoided eye contact at every moment. Why is he acting so strange all of a sudden. I thought as I tried to concentrate in class. I will definitely confront him about this after class.

Hey guys so this was chapter 9. I hope that you all are liking my work and if you do, please keep supporting
Bye! ❤