CHAPTER 24

ZOEY'S POV

After we all finished the so called breakfast, Derek and the others left the house saying they had some unfinished business to tend to. Me and my friends took a sigh of relief when we saw the cars leave the mansion. We went upto Crystal's room and sat on the bed forming a circle. "Guys we have to find them!" Crystal said a little to loudly. Desperation and worry clearly visible in her voice. All of us nodded. "But how?" Sarah asked hopelessly. All of us were sitting in silence, pondering over the matter when suddenly a thought came to my mind.

"We can start by searching this mansion. There is a high chance of them being here" I said. "Yes! We have to search every corner of this mansion. Even if we don't find them we might find a clue which would tell us where they are" Crystal said agreeing. "Now is the right time. All of them are gone and we might not get another chance to do this" Ashley said. All of us nodded and we rushed out of Crystal's room, down the stairs and back in the hall. "Hey where is Rose?" Sarah asked looking around. "She directly went to her room after breakfast she was not feeling well" I said. "I just wish all of this doesn't take a toll on her" Ashley said with both sadness and worry. "We can't waste time in talking. We don't know when they will be back" I said to them. "Ok we can do this. Me and Zoe will check the first floor and Ashley and Sarah you start looking on the second floor. If we don't find anything we will check the third level together." Crystal said and Ashley and Sarah nodded rushing upstairs.

The plan looked promising in the beginning but our surety was slowly fading away. This place is freaking huge!. Though it only has 3 floors, there are atleast a 100 rooms in the house!. The floor where me and Crystal are standing is the 1st floor. This is where the dining room is. The room where our eventful day started. Apart from the dining room it had atleast 30 other rooms.

"There's nothing here" Crystal said exhausted as we rested our backs against the last door of the floor. "We should go up and see if Ashley and Sarah found something" I said and she nodded. We mustered our strength and walked up to the second floor only to be frozen in our spot. If the first floor had 30 rooms, there were atleast a 50 on this one. My eyes stretched along the lengthy corridor as it exceeded with every blink. It seemed as if it didn't have an end. "Should we go and search with them?" I asked Crystal. "We could do it but then I don't think we would have enough time to search the third floor" She said and I nodded. Derek and others have already been away for a while now and they can be back anytime now. They wouldn't leave us unattended for long. With this we made our way to the 3rd floor.

The 3rd floor can be best described as the ghost floor. There was not a single sound here apart from our footsteps and breathing. It felt as the wind itself had stopped in here. The floor again had around 30 rooms on it and I was about to turn open the door on my left when Crystal grabbed my wrist. "What is it?" I asked her as I turned to look at her. Her breathing was getting heavier as she stared straight down the corridor, not uttering a single word. I followed her gaze and my throat closed. There, at the very end of the corridor, was a shining metal door. It was triple the size of the doors we had seen so far and it just screamed the 'do not enter' threat. Both of us looked at each other and the very next moment, we were sprinting towards that room.
Maybe...
Maybe we had found them!

Thanks for reading!
Bye! ❤