CHAPTER 20

THE NEXT DAY

CRYSTAL'S POV

My mom came back today and I couldn't be happier. I asked her if Zoey could stay at our house and she totally agreed to it. Zoey came to my house with some of her stuff to stay for a while. The day of trek was tomorrow, as all of us had decided and so we both started packing.

ZAYN'S POV

All of us were trying not to show it but we knew we all were really tense. Me and my friends have known each other since our diaper days and we cannot hide our emotions from each other, no matter how hard we try to. We made sure that they don't get to know about our trip but I am getting a feeling that they will do something, and that too very soon. "Hey mate what's wrong" Mason asked me. "Nothing I am just thinking about what their next move would be" I replied. "All of us are thinking the same. I just don't want the girls to get hurt in all of this. They don't even know anything" Scott said. "guys why don't we just tell them the truth. This way we will be able to protect them better" Noah said. "Oh yeah? and what will happen when they know the truth. Will they look at us the same way as they do now? Will our friendship stay the same? What if they try to run away from us after they have heard the truth" I said and he was at a loss of words.

I know that if we tell them the truth we will be able to protect them better but what if they try and leave us. I can't even think about it. Never. "So what's the plan" Mason said. "The plan is simple. We protect them no matter what it takes. We might not be as strong as they are but we will not let them take what they desire so easily" Tyler said joining the discussion. "We will not let them take what is ours" Mason said and we all agreed.
Now we just have to wait.

TYLER'S POV

The next day all of us met at Crystal's house. We had 3 cars with us, mine, Zoey's and Mason's. "So what's the arrangement" Mason asked. "what arrangement?" Sarah asked. "I mean how will we go like who will sit where" he said explaining. "Oh umm we can do this. Me, Crystal, Zayn and Zoe will come in my car, Sarah, Mason, Rose and Noah can come in Mason's car and Scott and Ashley can come in Zoey's car" I suggested. "yeah I think that would be fine" Crystal said nodding and everyone else agreed as well. We all kept our luggage in our cars. I was in the driver's seat and Crystal sat in the passenger seat while Zayn and Zoey sat in the back seat. We had our seat belts on and I started the car and we all left Crystal's house.

The mountain which Ashley was talking about is around 5 hours away from here.  Scott's car was leading the way since Ashley knew where the mountain was and we were following it. I was driving behind him and behind me was Mason's car. After driving for around 2 hours, the city area was over and we were now surrounded by green beautiful forests and wide fields. Crystal was looking at them with so much admiration. I know she loves nature very much. Then she rolled down her window and pulled her head out of the window to get a better look. The wind was ruffling her hair and she had a smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile myself. "uhum Tyler please focus on driving. Don't wanna crash now do we" Zayn said to me.  glared at him, blushing a little with embarrassment and Zoey was silently laughing. Thank god Crystal was busy looking outside and didn't hear anything.
"Hey!" Crystal suddenly shouted. I looked at the front to see Ashley was also in the same position as Crystal and was waving at her from ahead. "I'll join too!" Zoey announced and rolled her window down. She pulled her head out of the window and waved. Me and Zayn were laughing at their childishness. After a while both of them got inside and we continued our drive.

After driving for another 3 hours we had  finally reached the hotel. Ashley's mom had already booked rooms for us there. Me and Crys carried our luggage into one of the rooms. All of the booked rooms were next to each other so there wasn't much problem. We placed the luggage at the corner and Crystal walked over to the bed and plopped on it tired. "I think we should take some rest" I said and she nodded. "but where will we sleep" she asked. "well you can sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch" I suggested. She looked unsure "are you sure because we can do the opposite. I can sleep on the couch and you can sleep on the bed. You need much more rest than me since you drove all the way here and that couch doesn't look too comfortable" she suggested. I smiled at her response."No it will be alright. I will sleep on the couch and you can sleep on the bed" I said. She still looked uncertain "It's fine really" I said reassuringly and she nodded. "fine" she said hesitantly. I went over to the couch and laid down on it. "goodnight" she greeted me. "goodnight" I replied. I turned my head to look at her to see she was fast asleep already. She is surely very stressed due to those nightmares and everything but now is not the right time to tell her.
I turned my head to look at the ceiling and soon my eyes closed, different thoughts clouding my head.

Hey guys! So this was chapter 20. I hope you guys liked it and sorry if there were any mistakes and thanks for reading!.
Bye! ❤