Chapter 12: Nathan (Part 2)

"If I talk to you, are you just going to repeat it to Maggie?" Nathan asked carefully

Ian was likely pissed at him, but Nathan didn't want to turn the house on its head. Nathan hadn't decided what to do about anything yet, but he really didn't want to leave that decision up to Julian.

"I don't talk to Maggie. Maggie talks to me." There was a pointed look from Julian that indicated his dislike for her, but Nathan had stepped on enough toes to not want to push that.

"Well." Nathan took a deep breath. "Ian can get... pushy, and he was all over me. I thought he wasn't going to stop, so I..."

"Damaged the family jewels?" Julian asked with a wide smirk, and Nathan ran his hand over his face with a heavy sigh. "You shouldn't worry so much. I'd make that prick a eunuch before he got near me. Just tell Maggie," Julian said, rolling on his back with another yawn.

"What would that do?" Really, Nathan didn't know how telling Maggie would fix anything. The woman had hence far said she didn't want any more problems, and snitching on men who had already proven they could easily manhandle him seemed like a poor plan at best.

"Are you joking?" Julian rolled onto his stomach on the bed, leaning his head on his hands. "Maggie's cold as a fish. You tell her Ian touched you and she'll throw him in solitary so long that by the time he gets out, he won't even remember your name."

Solitary...

"You don't like the idea?" Julian asked. "You shouldn't feel guilty about throwing that pervert in a cell. It's where he belongs anyway."

Julian saying things like that about Ian upset him, and he turned away from him, trying to hide aggravation that he didn't even understand. Ian was too forward, but he was also nice to him, which no one else really was in the house. Donovan was fun to spend time with, but he hid in his room every second he was in the house. If he was hungry, Ian fed him, when he was upset, Ian just sat with him in silence, and he really had been helping him a ton on his room so that he could have his own space.

"You like Ian," Julian said with surprise as he hopped off the bed to sit by Nathan's side again. Leaning in toward Nathan, Julian looked concerned, but Nathan turned to the side as an annoyed and embarrassed blush crept onto his cheeks.

"I don't like like him," Nathan stuttered out.

"No, I know. That wasn't what I meant. Well, I suppose it's up to you then. If you don't want him crawling into your room at night, you can always hang telling Maggie about the incident over his head. Threatening one of the guys downstairs with Maggie's punishment is quite effective in deterring them from approaching you."

It wasn't like he wanted to do that either. At some point tonight, he had to sleep, and he didn't see it going well no matter what he did. Sleeping in the living room seemed like just as bad of an idea as going back into Ian's room, and it wasn't like the guy couldn't get to him if he slept on the carpet in his own room. Somehow he had to resolve this. Maybe he was an idiot and should just throw Ian to the wolves, but that just wasn't like him.