Chapter 33: Rick

***This chapter contains content that might be upsetting to some readers, including torture, violence, and sexual themes***

"Are you unconscious already? How boring?" His sister's voice carried through the door of the shed, but he was sitting outside smoking a cigarette and pretending he wasn't here.

That's what happened when you tortured someone who could barely fight their own shadow. The women his sister lured were never the kind who could steel themselves as she cut into their flesh, broke their bones, and beat them. The least she could do was pick someone who had a fighting chance. How did she get satisfaction from besting house plants?

The wind whistled outside, shaking the loose wooden door and causing the latch to click like a cackle. They were off the beaten path, so no one would hear the woman's screams, and it gave him ample time to dispose of the body.

How many had it been now? Five?

Hell, he fucking hated women.

They were all psychos.

It didn't help him that Mel looked so much like him. In her face, he could see the lack of emotion and moral conscience in those dark chocolate eyes. They both shared the soft smooth dishwater color to their hair, though Rick's shone darker brown in the light where Mel's brightened. It was better she kept it short cut around her chin or it'd get bloody with all her activities.

The woman she had constrained had only passed out in fear and woke up coughing and sputtering as his sister had likely tossed the bucket of water over her head. Great she'd taken the gag out. That meant she was going to beg. Rick had heard it all, but the women Mel chose didn't have families to miss them, nor children that needed them. No. Mel chose no ones, and made them disappear.

Rick sat outside on the concrete the entire time. If he had any choice of it, he wouldn't be here. The first time Melinda had done this, she hadn't told him, and the girl had almost escaped. Mel had been stupid enough to bring her to their damn house. Thankfully, there had been no association to them, nor any way for the police to track the woman. Ever since then, Rick made sure to be there in case something went wrong. It irked him that his sister was a methodical genius, but also so haughty that she thought she could slaughter a human being in their basement and never get caught. How had she ended up so messed up in the head?

For some reason, she just liked to torture people.

Couldn't she use her intelligence to do something good?

It wasn't like he was any better. All he did was con woman after woman so that he lived virtually free. It wasn't fair to say he conned them all though. Some of them really liked the kinky shit he was into and kept him around like a boy toy. That was until the husband or boyfriend found out and he was off to the next one.