III (Edited)

Around 6 pm, I got a text message from my best friend Lisa

Lisa: "Hey bestie, come and meet me at Rogers Restaurant & Bar."

Me: "Okay, see ya." I texted her back.

I packed my stuff into my handbag and headed to the elevator. I pressed to the ground floor.

Within a few minutes, I came out of the elevator and walked towards the parking lot.

My Cherry red Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato appeared flashing in the bright sunlight.

I hopped into the driver's seat, put the key on the ignition while buckling my seat belt, the Aston Martin roar to life. I drove to the location. 

Thirty-five mins later, I arrived at the restaurant, gave my keys to the valet guy, and headed towards the main door, walked into the restaurant. On to the right, my bestie Lisa sat near the window yelling my name while waving at me.

I head towards her and sat opposite her.

"So, what is the occasion?" I asked her.

She replied to me, "No occasion, just a bestie's hangout."

Lisa was looking really stressed. Her face was pale. "I asked her, are you alright?"

She replied to me, "Yes, I am perfectly alright."

"Lisa doesn't lie to me. Tell me what's bothering you?" I asked her.

She replied to me, "While I was heading towards my office cabin, I saw Ms. Barnard talking to someone on the phone secretly."

I asked her, "What she was speaking? to whom she was speaking? Did you hear their conversation?"

"She was talking about some drug dealing case to the cop on the phone. She is a dangerous woman. I think after you and your brothers told her and others to stop doing the research on Mr. Pattinson. She is secretly working on it and informing the cops. Better you find it out ASAP and fire her from the company." She replied to me.

"Okay, will look into it. But I need your help." I told her.

She replied to me, "Sure, what are besties for? To help each other."

I smiled at her.

Then we started talking random stuff while ordering our drinks.

Suddenly, someone from behind closed my eyes, While putting my hand on the stranger's hand I immediately recognized his hands and called out Jake.

He asked me, "How do you know it was me?"

"I know because I'm familiar with your hands," I replied to him.

"Ah! I've to play another trick. so, you won't recognize me next time." He said while sitting next to Lisa.

I rolled my eyes.