Chapter 3

THOMAS

Thomas was awoken from his slumber due to his alarm clock blasting loudly through his room. He was irritated. He had been thus close to touching his mate again, finally seeing her beautiful face, and he was sure he had felt her near. Nonetheless, he had been disturbed by the annoying sound that woke him every morning.

He checked between his legs to see the effect she had had on him, even in his dreams. The girl had stolen his heart in more ways than possible, and he had yet to see her face. He slumped against his pillow and pulled the sheets over his face. Groaning, he rolled over until he toppled to the floor, hitting his manhood against the rough floor. "Damnit!"

With a curse, he stood and then fell back again, meanwhile, grabbing his balls and securing them from any danger. 

"What a great morning," his wolf, Vincent, said.

He headed towards the bathroom, naked and careless, and stood under the showerhead for twenty minutes. He did all the essentials: washed himself, took care of his hard-on and stepped out, a towel around his hips. Thomas eyed himself in the mirror, thinking whether or not to leave the bedhead look.

"Leave it. It's hot. All the girls will swoon over you," Vincent said.

"The only girl I want to swoon over me isn't in this pack," he retorted back.

"You need to get laid. This isn't healthy for your health."

Thomas ignored his wolf and pulled on a pair of jeans and a worn-out, dirty shirt. He smelled it, but it did not stink, so all was good. He groaned as the thought of his mate entered and the effect was worse than before. "Thomas! Get down for breakfast or otherwise you are going to be late for school. Again!" His mother had shouted this to him, her voice all squeaky as always.

Yeah, yell, like you always do, he thought.

He grabbed his backpack and ran downstairs, being greeted by the repulsive scene of his family having breakfast all together. 

His mother looked up. "Thomas, come join us for breakfast."

He shuddered at the sound of her voice, the tone. "Actually, I'm not really hungry. And I have no time. I was just planning on going straight to school and—"

"Come join us for breakfast" She glowered. "And it was not a question."

Awesome, he thought.

He dropped his bag next to the front door and took a seat. Everyone was there: his brother, Trent; his father, Bruce; his mother, Donna; and Trent's mate, Maria. He observed their features, the man of the house sitting across from him.

His father was a powerful man. He was the alpha of the pack, after all. He had a reputation around town: fucking younger girls, sleeping with clients, murdering innocent people, and he had that power due to owning the most terrifying pack in the world. Bruce was a fifty-three-year-old man with greying hair that he died occasionally dark. His hooded dark brown eyes often looked scary. His jaw and cheeks were covered in facial hair he never ought to shave.

Donna, his mother, was the perfect housewife outside of their home, but between the home walls, she was different. She was the complete opposite. She spents her nights luring around town for business men so she could wreck marriages or mates, to be more precise. But she was elegant with her fancy dresses, a slim body type, brown hair that she had dyed blonde, and upturned brown eyes. No wonder she caught the eyes of many men when she was dressed like this. She was a catch, but a monster at home.

Trent was the replica of his mother and father. The brothers had the exact same hair, though, but he had the same eyes as his parents, dark brown. Trent visited the gym every possible moment.  His body was way more muscular than Thomas'. It was built like a trunk. But despite his good looks, Trent was the worst partner in the world. He was spoiled, self-centred, had extreme anger issues and slept around.