Chapter 24

Word count: 4397

THIRD PERSON'S POV

We can never truly know how our day is going to go.

Whether it is going to start a good way and end bad.

Or start a bad way and end good.

We don't know that when we wake up in the morning. It does not matter what we are feeling that morning because some things are inevitable. We never have a single clue on how our day is going to go.

Thomas did not know how his day was going to go that morning.

The boy woke up bright and joyful, looking forward to the day. Since it had finally come, the day he was going to confess his feelings for Deidre. When he was going to profess his love for her.

And the boy could not be more delighted, excited for the moment. He had it all planned out, looking forward to the moment he would see the bright smile on her face as she said it back. In his mind it was going to be perfect.

He would even tell her about the mate bond and they would be happy... together.

Yes. Thomas did not know how the day was going to work out.

That morning, he did not care about his father's shouting, even throwing a plate at him. The only thing on his mind was Deidre, the perfect moment that was going to happen between the two.

Thomas was grinning as he took a seat in his friend's car.

"What are you smiling about?" Robert asked when he noticed his friend's mood, wiggling his eyebrows. "Did you and Deidre get it on?"

"No. Well, we are going to soon enough, but it's not it. I am going to tell her about the mate bond after I tell her I love her."

The second he heard his friend's answer, he abruptly stepped on the breaks. "You're going to do what?"

"I am going to tell Deidre I love her and also tell her about the mate bond."

"Holy shit, man! Since when did you think of that?"

"Since yesterday, when she told me she loves me."

Robert choked on air at his answer. "Damn, bro. I'm so happy for you."

Thomas grinned, folding his arms over his chest. "Thanks. I just feel like I have been keeping it to myself for a long time and I don't want to do it anymore. I want to tell Deidre the truth. I want to be with the girl of my dreams. I love her and I want to get the same from her."

"Oh! I love you too, Tommy boy! Fućk yes! Finally you are growing some balls!"

Thomas could not refrain himself from rolling his eyes. "I have balls. And I love you too."

"What about me?" Jonathan questioned, who had been quiet all through the conversation.

Thomas ruffled up his friend's hair, letting out a laugh. "Love you, Jonny."

While Thomas was gloating about his possible relationship to his friends, about his plans, Deidre was driving with her mother. The girl had been in a sour mood since yesterday, wondering about her decisions, the choices she had made. And the small confession she had made.

Deidre did not understand whether she regretted the words -that had left her mouth- or not.

Of course she loved Thomas, but she only did not know whether he felt the same. Whether she even wanted him to know about her deep feelings.

"Deidre, sweetie, are you alright?" her mother's voice brought her out of her thoughts.

Deidre sighed in defeat, playing with her fingers in her lap. "Yes. No. I don't know."