Chapter 22

Word count: 4229

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Thomas Saylen was in love.

He was damn well aware of it.

He was in love with the girl he had gotten to know all so well over the past few months.

Deidre had captured his heart every way possible. She held it in the palm of her hand every single day.

Thomas knew that if Deidre wanted to then she could easily crush it. She had the kind of power him no one ever had.

At first, he did not believe he would fall so hard and fast. He did not believe it would happen in the blink of an eye, that she would capture a hold of it with her whole appearance, personality.

When they started hanging out, with tutoring and outside of it, Thomas realised that he was catching feelings, but he did not believe they were too serious.

He knew if was the mate bond affecting his feelings, but it felt like much more to him.

In the span of a few weeks, Thomas was drooling over her daily, feeling the need to see her all the time, even though that was not possible.

And now more time had passed and he found himself fallen for her.

Of course, Thomas did not even completely understand the definition of love, since he had never experienced it, never been introduced to it.

Such thing lacked in his family.

His family was not in contact with the term.

But somehow, he had it with Deidre.

He knew it by the way his heartbeat seemed to race every time she was with him or whenever a thought of her would occur. Or how she could easily make him blush, by saying anything. He would smile all the time, without a reason.

He loved her personality the most.

Deidre Thompson was the most helpful girl he had encountered. She always gave him or any other of their friends a hand in need when it came to it. And it did not matter what the issue was.

Or even how she managed to make him smile on a daily basis, always telling silly jokes that he could not even understand at times.

And the fact that she was so damn innocent. Thomas loved the fact that she was so pure, it made him crave her more.

He was fond of every single thing she did.

"Thomas? Thomas? Tommy boy?" he heard a familiar voice call out.

The boy blinked repeatedly, coming back to reality, only to find Robert and Jonathan giving him confused looks. "What's going on?"

"What were you thinking about? A certain auburn-haired girl?"

"Shut up," he grumbled back.

"Awe. Look how in love he is."

"I'm not in love," he lied.

Robert grinned, batting his eyelashes at him. "He's blushing! He is so blushing? What, Tommy boy, are you having indecent thoughts? Thinking about how to confess your love for her? Wondering whether you're going to do the nasty later?"

"I'm going to punch you all the way to the South pack if you don't shut your trap," he wanted.

His best friend came up with a funny idea. "Oh. Look. Deidre is right there."

Thomas's eyes widened, combing his fingers through his hair in order to not have a single strand wrong. He knew Deidre liked his bed-head look, how it would be an adorable mess.