Chapter 20

Word count: 4142

DEIDRE

"Mr. Mayers is such a díck! How could he give me an F? I was the only one who handed the assignment in time!" Robert exclaimed.

"Sucks for you. I got an A!" Erin spoke up, sticking her tongue out at him.

Robert sent her a glare, throwing a single fry in her face. "Shut up. He fancies you, it's no surprise. The old man is always staring at you during class and also after you leave. I always catch him checking out your ass and boobs. Haven't you noticed that he always seems to drop something whenever he is around you?"

Erin's eyes widened while Jonathan stared down at his food. He was frowning, jaw was clenched tightly. "Ew. That's gross. I strongly doubt it. He is not that much of a perv. I know he may be old, but the guy is like seventy."

"Then you're absolutely oblivious. The guy is a total creep. And he always invites you to tutoring sessions at his house, which totally gives away his raging hormones."

"Robert, you're disgusting!" she proclaimed. "But alright, he is a little suspicious. That is gross. Thank God, I have disagrees."

I didn't even need to think twice before I whispered to Erin, "Erin."

She gave me a confused look, until I pointed to Jonathan, who was still sitting there. Jonathan was slumped against the edge of the table, staring down at his burger and fries.

"Aww. Baby, don't be jealous," she cooed.

Jonathan grunted in response, not a word escaping.

Erin hooked her arms around his neck, pressing a small kiss to his cheek. "I won't ever even look at the man, nor take his invitation of study sessions. You're my guy, so don't be jealous."

"He's trying to take my mate," he muttered. "I don't want him liking you. You're too pretty for him, even for me."

"Aww. I love you." She kissed all over his face, causing a blush to rise to his cheeks. "You're so adorable. I love you."

Jonathan playfully pushed her away, letting out a short chuckle, taking a sip of his coke from the light blue straw.

"You're so mean!" Erin shouted dramatically, still keeping her one arm around his shoulders.

Her mate only shrugged, not giving a single care about her dramatic outburst.

All of a sudden, Thomas cleared his throat, in an almost awkward manner. "Um. Erin, not to be rude or anything, nor embarrass you, but this is my leg."

Erin immediately rushed back, a tint of red rushing to her cheeks. "Sorry!"

"Ew. What is this sexual tension that is going around?" Robert huffed.

Those words made Jonathan look up, eyebrows furrowed. "What did you do?"

"Don't be jealous. Again. But I may have brushed his leg in a very sensual way," she blurted out. "Although you can't blame me. Since I thought it was yours."

Jonathan choked on his drink, nearly spitting out his food. "Erin!"

I glanced at Thomas who was sitting quietly next to me. I could feel the small jealousy burn inside me, at the thought of someone else touching him. Not even caring whether it was my friend or not. I believed that I was the only one who could ever touch him.

And not another thought occured, when I moved closer to him. Until my leg grazed his, running along it. It didn't help that I was wearing a skirt, so I could feel the material of his jeans, the heat that emanated from him, the one which burned up my body."