Chapter 29

Word count: 4502

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Thomas stared at Deidre with a spark of happiness, chin tucked in his hand. He could not hear everything she was saying, because he was solemnly focused on her.

A smile brightened his features at the sight of the small dimple at the corner of her mouth. It was one of the first times he was noticing this, and he was amazed. It was the most adorable thing he had ever seen.

Ever since the communication between them had been restored, Thomas was unable to stay away. He could not keep his eyes off the girl, wanting nothing more than to be close, to be near every possible moment. The distance had roughened up their relationship and Thomas urged to make it better.

He knew he had done harm to the poor girl and he wanted to make it up for her. Deidre was his everything, heart and soul, so the thought of hurting her was enough to crush him into ashes. Even though, he was running out of options on what to do to make her forgive, lift up her mood.

Guilt was eating him up, swallowing down little pieces that brought happiness. Thomas did not enjoy the feeling one bit, thinking it was all a ploy to get him away from his mate. But since they had restored their relationship, Thomas knew he was not going to let anything get between them again.

Deidre was his to keep, as was the same in reverse.

Thomas did not give a care about anything other than her, already thinking about the day they would get out of this pack and start a normal, happy life on their own. His heart fueled with such joy at the thought of them having multiple babies.

Before Deidre had come to his life, Thomas had never given a thought of having children. For as long as he could remember, he had believed he would be the worst parent, due to the influence his own had had on him. He was afraid he would turn out just like his family.

And that was what frightened him most, the idea engraved in the back of his mind that his future family would fear him the way he feared his. Thomas could not bare the thought of it happening.

No way was he letting his emotions get the best of him and make Deidre have the urge to leave, along with their child. When they were going to make a family, he would have them by his side forever. He would do right by them, by his child and mate. So that his child would never feel alone, tormented.

When everything he had been through flashed in his mind, there was rough solid pressure applied to his heart, which has him promising to never turn out this way, to be a better man for his family.

Thomas craved for a better life. With Deidre.

A deep rumble erupted from his chest at the thought of his mate being pregnant with his child. At the image of her belly swollen with his baby, them sharing a kid. His heartbeat picked up, bliss gloating inside.

"Thomas, are you okay?" Deidre brought him out of his daze, seeing as though he had been in thoughts for a while now when she was supposed to be tutoring him.

Thomas blinked, returning to focus, finding his mate staring. "Yeah. Why?"

"It's just... you spaced out for a while. Did you even hear anything I was saying?"

He spotted the dimple again and nearly fainted at the sight. "I may have gotten a little distracted. This dress really suits you, Deidre."