Chapter 17

Word count: 4153

DEIDRE

I felt something warm and soft touch my face, which made me open my eyes slowly. And a smile formed on my lips as Thomas's hand trailed my face.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered. "So fućking stunning."

I grinned as I snuggled my cheek into the pillow. "Stop. You're making me blush."

"Maybe that's what I'm trying to accomplish." Then he added, "But you are stunning, Deidre. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met."

"Thank you. Can you hand me my glasses? They're on the nightstand."

Thomas immediately did as told, placing them on himself. "Is it possible that you look even more stunning now?"

"Will you stop it?" I groaned. "You're embarrassing me."

A parted gasp escaped my lips as he suddenly pushed me so I was lying on my back and he hovered over me. Thomas tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear, leaning closer. "Fućk. You have no idea what you do to me."

"I think I may have an idea since it may be the same way for me," I admitted. "I've never felt this way about anyone before."

Thomas grinned, dimples flashing. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah. I have never felt this way about anyone, I've never wanted to the things we have done, right until you came along. And I want to do these things with only you, Thomas. I don't want anyone else."

"Damn right you are not going to do these things with anyone else. I'm your guy. I am the one who you are going to be doing things with for the rest of your life."

I couldn't help but smile when he leaned closer until our noses were touching. "Thomas?"

"Hm?" he murmured, pressing a kiss to my cheek before placing them down, until his warm, soft lips met my neck.

"Ursula doesn't mean anything to you, right? I mean it was all an act only, right? You and her aren't an item?" I questioned quietly.

"She doesn't mean a thing. She was only used for a simple act. I can promise you that she doesn't mean anything." Then he added, nipping at my neck. "You're my girl, Deidre, always and forever."

I placed my hands on his sides, feeling the burning skin underneath my hands. "I miss the nickname."

"What? What nickname?"

"Princess. I miss that."

Thomas let out a chuckle, fitting his body with mine, so we were hip to hip. "And I thought that you didn't like it. But alright, Princess, I'll keep calling you that if you want."

I pulled him closer by wrapping my arms around his waist. At that moment I wanted nothing more than to be closer to him. "I'm worried about Robert."

He raised his head a little from my neck, probably confused by my sudden words. "What do you mean?"

"There has just been a lot going on in his life and I'm worried. He is not doing so well," I told Thomas, worry lacing my tone. "And I have witnessed it myself so I completely understand what is going on. Well, almost."

"What do you mean that you witnessed it?" he asked, pulling back so he could look me in the eyes.

"Shit. We are screwed. And I mean screwed," Desirée muttered.

"Deidre, what do you mean by that?"

I swallowed hard at his intimidating stare, suddenly wanting nothing more than to run away. "Um, nothing. I-I meant nothing."