Chapter 41

*MATURE CONTENT*

Word count: 4794

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Fućk," Thomas grunted, pulling out of her and falling on his side, panting heavily.

Deidre rolled to face him, not minding the nudity, tracing her fingers on his side. "That was fast."

Thomas chuckled. "Give me a second. I haven't been sleeping well. I think the tiredness is getting to me now."

She frowned, touching his forehead, which seemed to be heating up. And she leaned toward him, lips grazing his temple in a consoling manner. "Why haven't you been sleeping? Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine. Lately, I have been just ever so tired. Maybe it's because you are not with me those nights."

"I think you have a temperature. Hold on, let me get a thermometer for you. I'm sure I have one in my room." Deidre squealed after she was about to slip out of bed and he tugged her back, arms banding around her waist and she fell on top of him. "What are you doing?"

"We don't need that. Werewolves don't get sick."

"But you're hot!" As she understood the other meaning behind her statement, she reversed it. "I meant that in another way. You are burning up."

"Maybe because I am so hot for you," he murmured in her ear, nipping at her earlobe. "I'm up now, if you know what I mean. We can go for another round."

"No. You are contagious. And you are going to get some rest, otherwise you are going to faint during it and we don't need that happening. Thomas, please. I can make you a cup of tea and some cookies. I know you love my chocolate chip peanut cookies."

Thomas grunted, releasing his hold on her and falling back against the pillows. "You win. These cookies are my addiction, but they don't cross you. You are going to have to make me a whole bunch in order to get what you want."

"Wow. So dramatic." She giggled, stopping at the doorway. "Thomas?"

He made himself comfortable on her bed, grinning in her direction. "Yes?"

"Remember, when you said that we shouldn't have sex before my heat? You talked about it a few weeks ago before we, uh... did it. Was it true or just a myth?"

Hesitation drew up on him at the question, turning his head away, shame creeping to his cheeks. "I don't know. I haven't even thought about it since we had sex."

"What is going to happen now?" she asked worriedly. "What if it's something bad? What if—"

Thomas sat up on the mattress, throwing a smile, grabbing her hand and pulling her to him. And he brought her hand to his mouth, placing soft kisses on her knuckles. She shivered when his tongue poked out to lick, eyes locked with hers the whole time. "I love you. Nothing is going to happen to us. You have my word. You trust me, don't you?"

"Yes, but—"

He silenced her with his finger pushing to her mouth. "If it's a yes, then that is all there is to it. Princess, I will never let anything happen to you; you will be safe under my watch."

Her watery eyes met his and his heart swelled at her pain. "What about you?"

"Well, let's say that I will be around even when our kids are seventy years old. The both of us will be. And even then, I will be making sweet, sweet love to you, every day." And she released a giggle once he had pulled her on top of him, cradling her small frame in his arms. "How about we start now?"