Chapter 36

*SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT*

Word count: 4515

THOMAS

The time of the night I had left Deidre's house was a haunting experience, more of what followed. I had spun to find three men standing there, recognizing them as my father's ones. And being against three large guards, I had no strength on fighting them. Perhaps I could have ran away, but was disturbed by a needle sticking to my neck.

Indubitably, Vincent tried on fighting, but the drug worked fast and I was knocked out cold.

I woke to water droplets falling on heavy metal. The drug was evident in my organism, but I had lost all memory of the prior incident. A groan emitted as I shifted on the soft cushion under me, taking the appearance of the frigid, dirty cellar. Bafflement crossed at the space, the concrete brick walls, metal bars covering half of the room, a bench on the outside of it. And I staggered back at the rat sprinting past, heading to its burrow.

What was going on? I was bewildered by it all.

I stayed in that room for a mere three hours, until the door from outside was opened and in stepped my father. My petrified eyes met his, even if I tried on hiding it, there was no use. The fear was cascading off, distinctly visible for all to see.

He did not respond for a minute upon my question as to what was going on. Rather, he walked to the cellar door, unlocking it and stepping in. My father inclined in front of me until we were at eye level. "I heard about you and the little princess."

"And?" I inquired. "Why do you give a shit? Deidre is my mate."

"And for how long do you think this is going to be? How long until she gets bored of you and comes running to me? You could never be enough for her."

"Go to hell! Like she would ever go to an old rag like you! You fućking shitty pervert, she would never fall into your arms!" I narrowed my eyes. "And clearly I am enough if she can't stay a second away from me. Do you think—"

A groan escaped after his fist had connected with my jaw, sending me tumbling to the bed. Not that it matched his earlier punches, but this was not something I had expected. All the earlier ones, I could see coming.

"Yeah, this will have you winning her over."

Another kick. This time to the stomach.

"You do know this would be over if you were not so stubborn and stopped sticking your nose into where it doesn't belong."

A chuckle erupted, voice sounding choked. "Deidre is my business. My mate. Is this what you do not enjoy hearing?"

Bruce's scowl hardened.

"Screw you and Trent. You are both some sick fućking pedophiles, not understanding what no means or just when to stop. There are a thousand other girls who would be willing to suck your dicks. Why Deidre?"

Bruce bent down, the wicked grin rested on his full lips, that were chapped. "Because she is yours. Have I ever made it seem like I want you to have anything? Whatever you have, I just yearn to destroy. I assumed I had clarified it already. Deidre is that something."

"She's not a toy," I hissed. "She is not something you can play with for a day and then throw to the side once you get bored. She is innocent."

"Hasn't it ever crossed your mind that this is the reason why I want her? My dear son, there was no one pure in this town before, and then she arrived. All the girls are a bunch of whores, never able to cross their legs. And yet, she is not one. I can't even call it a coincidence."