Prologue

Aashna's Pov:

After my work I directly went to my home as mom ordered me to come a little early but I was not able to make it early because I had a important meeting to attend, so I decided to go home as soon as it ends. The meeting took too much time. I sat in my car and drove towards my home.

The moment I reached home, mom came and hugged me.

"Go and get fresh, I have a surprise for you.” She said and I nodded. I'm no longer interested in surprises so without any question I went to my room.

I was lying on my bed when I heard a knock on my door. I guess mom is here with her surprise.

"Come in Mom.” I said and saw the door opening but it was not Mom it was Nisha di standing there.

"Di? Hi.. Good evening, please come in." I said giving her a small.

"Don't you think you are being to formal?” She asked raising a eyebrow at me. Oops!

"Sorry.” I told and gave her a hug.

"So, how was your day today?” She asked.

"Bit hectic. The meeting took too long and I'm so tired now.” I said and rested my head on her lap.

"Why is mom so happy today and what's the surprise she was talking about?” I asked her.

"She will tell you.” She replied.

"Should I ask you something?” She asked sounding a bit a serious. I got up and looked at her.

"Of course you can. When did you started asking for my permission?"

"Are you happy with this marriage?” She asked.

"Yes. I am." I replied.

"Stop lying, you are not even able to meet my gaze. Moreover, you don't love him.” She snapped at me.

"Who said I don't? I.... I love him.” I replied and saw Mom coming towards me.

"You made me so happy my girl.” She said and kissed my forehead.

"I always wanted you to marry the person you love and I'm so happy that you are marrying the love of your life.” She said. The love of my life?

"See here's your surprise, Your wedding card." She said handling me the card. It was so beautiful, with sparkling gold.

"Do you like it?” Mom asked.

"Yeah.. Of course.. I loved it." I said still looking at the card.

"Siddharth’s choice it is. He always makes a perfect choice, that's the reason he choose my daughter.” Mom said half hugging me.

I opened the card and saw my name,

'Aashna weds Siddharth.'

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.