Chapter : 17

Aashna's Pov:

It was sixth day of in the hospital, lucky that Aarav's dad were out of danger now. I was on my way to the hospital, it had been my routine now going to hospital with breakfast for them all. Though Aarav and others always denied to take it but I insisted, they were still not willing to accept it as they said that it would be burden to me but I left them with no choice when I took my mom to the hospital, she being the most stubborn person of our family convinced them.

Well initially I was not ready to take mom to the hospital, I don't know why but I just felt like I should not. But mom kept on asking me about everyone and everything so I finally gave up and took her with me. I still remember the shock on Aarav's face when he saw mom. No doubt that day was the first time they talked. He has met dad several times and has even talked with him but with mom, he always said that he was scared of her.

"Why are you smiling?” Kriya who was sitting next to me in the passenger seat asked.

"Nothing.” I replied and she just sighed. Soon we reached hospital and met everyone there. Aarav was no where to be seen. I once again looked for him but still there was no sign of him.

"He went to take the medicines.” Aananya said and I saw Ruan laughing. Idiot.

"Okay.” I replied. It was so stupid of me man!

After sometime Aarav came and handed the medicines to his Mom.

"When did you came?” He asked.

"Ten minutes ago.” I replied.

"How's dad?” I asked and he looked at me with his eyes wide. Dad? Did I really said that?

"I mean how's uncle? Your... Your dad.” I said and a smile crossed his lips.

"He's fine. Doctors said that he will get discharge tomorrow.” He replied happily.

"Wow, that's great.” I said and he nodded. After that I gave him their breakfast and went back to my office. I skipped it for three days but then Aarav said that I should go back and hence I agreed. I visited hospital twice a day, one in the morning and then after the office.

Two days later,

I was happy that uncle is well now. I was so worried for all of them but now I feel relieved. Yesterday I wanted to go and meet uncle but was not able to do so because of an important meeting. Neither I was able to see Uncle nor Aarav. Stop it Aashna, what are you thinking? I mentally snapped my mind.

"Ma'am the Deshmukh's have arrived, please be in the boardroom in next five minutes.” My colleague informed me.

"Thanks.” I replied and quickly looked at my appearance. I fixed it and went to the boardroom. I was pretty excited for the meeting today. You are excited to see Aarav. This time my conscience snapped at me.

I went and got settled on my seat and finally after five minutes, Aarav and his colleagues entered.

"Wow.” I said and noticed Chetan looking at me with a shock.

"What's the time?” I asked changing the topic. He showed me the wall clock in front of us, My own wrist watch, my mobile followed my his mobile and his wrist watch which was on table. Why am I such a fool?

But that was not my mistake, it's Aarav's mistake. Why he has to look so good? This past days, he looked so pale, he beard was also extra grown. His face didn't had that spark but now it's completely opposite, his face sparkled, his beard was perfectly shaped with new haircut too.

The moment he looked at me, he smiled and said a small Hi and I did the same. The meeting started and every time we our eyes met, we smiled.

"Anymore questions sir?” The presenter asked.

"No, we are done.” Aarav replied, which was the sign that meeting ended.

"Are you going home?” Chetan asked when I was packing my things.

"Yes. You are going to work little extra right?” I asked and he nodded. I saw Aarav going out of the room. For a moment I felt sad that he didn't bid me a bye but then I composed my self and went out of the office.

Today I came by Taxi as my cousin brother took my car. I went near a tree and opened my Ola app so that I can hire a cab for my home. Just then I saw a car came and stood in front of me. Aarav came out of it.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi, I thought you already left.” I replied.

"No, I had some work. Come I will drop you.” He offered.

"Thanks but I will go.” I denied politely.

"Oh come on, I know you don't have your car with you, come I will drop you.” He insisted.

"How do you?” I asked almost immediately.

"I met Rishi today, he was having your car."

"Oh, but it's completely OK, I will go.” I said and he raised an eyebrow at me and then opened the door to passenger seat.

"Get in." He said rather ordered.

"Why are you so stubborn?” I asked getting in but he just chuckled and closed the door. He got inside the car and started driving. We both were silent for some time but then I initiated the conversation.

"Nice haircut.” I complemented.

"Oh thanks. Yesterday Dad said that I looked like an animal who just ran from a zoo, so I had to do this.” He said running his hand from his hair. While I laughed at what he just said.

"Stop laughing.” he complained when I laughed continuously.

"How can I stop laughing, when he was telling the truth.” I said still laughing and he glanced at me with a bit of anger on his face but still there was little smile across his lips and his eyes filled with amusement.

"I'm not talking with you.” He said like a small baby and concentrated on driving.

"You are acting like a three year old kid Aarav, I wonder if Avi behaves like this.” I taunted and soon Aarav got excited over something.

"I heard that you thought that Avi is my son, is it true?” He asked and I got hell embarrassed. Kriya must have told him, why can't she keep her mouth shut?

"Not my mistake, anyone would have thought that, in fact there were some girls sitting behind me, they were also saying the same thing.” I replied.

"They must be stupid like you.” He said.

Stupid? Did he really called me that?

"I'm not stupid.” I defended myself.

"You are!” He declared and I raised my hand to punch him but he was every quick to hold it. He stopped my hand but it ended in such a way that our fingers laced with each other, bringing my all cells on fire.

Oh god, I missed holding his hand.

Do vote and comment. Thank you.

And also please do check out my new book, 'Always & Forever'.