Chapter : 23

Aashna's pov:

It was weekend so mom forced me to go with Sid for dinner as she said that I look disturbed this days and need a change. No doubt I was disturbed the whole week. After I met Aarav not a single minute passed where I didn't had thoughts about him. His every word was continuously banging in my head. I really felt guilty for hiding it from him but the truth is after I met him even I forgot about the engagement thing, which is every much wrong and unfair for Sid. He keeps taking efforts for our relation and I guess I haven't done anything for him. Even today he took me my favourite restaurant.

Aarav was my past. I agree I loved him way too much but now I'm engaged and it was with my concern. I would be unfair with Sid if I still keep thinking about Aarav. I tried hundred times not to think about him but failed every single time. And now that he has confessed his feelings it has became even more difficult not too  think about him.

"What are you dreaming about?" he asked. Oh god, why I always bore him?

"I'm sorry." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"Everything. I mean, I always bore you." I replied.

"No of course not. I enjoy being with you." he said with a very sweet smile. What will happen if he will know about my past?

After that We kept talking about different things when the topic shifted to his business and again I got to hear the name Aarav.

"He didn't attended the last meeting." Sid said and within no seconds I asked him the reason for the same.

"He was not well." Sid replied. Why? What happened to him? Is he okay now? Stop it Aashna! Stop thinking about him.

"I hope he attends the next one. By the way you didn't said how you both know each other?" he asked and I got confused on what to reply him.

"We were in same college." I said hoping that he won't ask any more questions and luckily he didn't.

"Have you met his Sister?"He asked. How am I supposed to tell him that I have met his whole family?

"Yes. Why so?" I asked and he told me that he has met her couple of times and she reminds him of his own sister, Maya, who is studying abroad.

"A sweet and intelligent girl she is. And when Aarav annoys her, I swear I miss Maya a lot." he said and remembered their cute little fights and how Aarav always loved to annoy her.

After the dinner, we both were on our way back to home, when Sid's car stopped suddenly. He went to look over it and even tried to restart it but nothing good happened.

"I think the car broke down." Sid announced and I was like wow, why it had to broke down in the most secluded place? No taxis! There were some cars going from there but I refused to take help from anyone. So Sid took out his phone and dialled some number whereas I just kept standing there doing nothing. Frankly speaking I was a bit scared.

Sid asked for my phone as there was network issue in his. I was about to give it to him when a car came and stopped beside us. Don't know why but my heartbeat raised. The door opened slowly and the person who came out of it was Aarav. What is he doing here? When I'm trying to forget him, why he has to be the one who will help us now?

"Any problem?" he asked directly looking at me. I didn't knew what to reply so I just looked at Sid and he answered.

"Actually my car broke down."

Hearing that Aarav offered for help saying that he will drop us. I wished Sid would deny but no, he said yes and I had no other option then to go with him. Sid settled on the passenger seat whereas I sat on the back seat. Once inside the car, aarav looked at me through the rare mirror and within no seconds I was melted, so I quickly averted my gaze.

"Were you going somewhere?" Sid asked him and he replied that yes, he was going to a family get together.

"I'm sorry. We troubled you."Sid said.

"Not a problem man. Don't say sorry." He replied and increased the speed. I don't know why and what made him do it but He started tuning the FM and the song which played made him smirk. He again looked at me through the front mirror and yet again the speed was increased.

I kept looking out but was unable to do it, when the next words of the song hit my ears.

Give me a sign
Take my hand, we'll be fine
Promise I won't let you down
Just know that you don't
Have to do this alone
Promise I'll never let you down

'Cause I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted cryin'
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can

I looked at Aarav and realised that he was already looking at me. As if he is the one singing the song. The sadness in his eyes was evident. We both kept looking at each other until his phone ranged. I felt my heart ache, so again I looked out. I guess he didn't received the call because I didn't heard his voice answering it. Again his phone ranged and this time I saw the caller I'd as it was hanged near the steering. It was from Varun but he just silenced it. Good, at least he learnt not to receive calls while driving.

We were quite on the way and music was playing softly and this time his phone ranged again. I looked at the caller I'd and again I felt my heart ache. It was from Sanjana. I don't know why but I felt like he should not receive it but something different happened. He received it.

"On my way." he answered to the phone.

"Yeah baby, I miss you too. I will be there very soon." he said and kept the phone back. Baby? Whom did he referred to as baby? It was Sanjana who called him? Did he said baby to her? But a week before he said that he still has feelings for me, then how, why?

Do vote and comment
Thank you.