- 26 -

"I don't wanna go back to school yet." I huffed as I held onto Y/N's hand while we walked down the street.

"Neither do I, at least we're closer to summer though." She smiled as she brought her latte to her lips.

My eyes flickered down to her lips for a second and I smiled at the thought. I swung our interlocked fingers happily as I looked up at the gray sky. It was gonna snow tonight, I was convinced, it was cold and it had rained the night before. I was holding onto Y/N's hand for extra measures so I wouldn't fall.

"I can't wait to spend the summer with you." I admitted and she smiled down at me as her thumb ran across the top of my hand.

"We should like take a trip somewhere." She suggested and I glanced at her as she kept us walking down the cold street.

"Where you wanna go?" I asked lightly and she smiled mostly to herself as she shrugged cutely.

"Let's drive all the way down to Los Angeles." She sighed out and I watched her breath turn into a visible vapor.

"The warm air, think about it." She lightly hopped with each step she took, "Driving down and through the big forests of Oregon- we have some nice waterfalls too. Then driving through California."

"I personally think it's a bit interesting how California starts out in forests and when you keep going down it turns into a desert." She shrugged before taking another drink of her coffee.

"And... well, I know you've been working on the songwriting. For the SAMP class. Maybe you'll get more inspiration, even get some connections?" She tried to open a door of possibilities and I looked down at my own coffee.

"Could your truck take the heat?" I smirked nudging her causing her to laugh softly.

"It'll add to the adventure if it doesn't." She nudged me back and I giggled with her.

I liked that idea, spending my entire summer with her like a romcom. On the open road, driving against the winding roads that were a trail through the Oregon forests. Already smelling the petrichor in the air and feeling the early morning mugginess that would remind me of home. Driving all the way down the coast of California just to end up on the beach. I guess, I should start to save my money now so it could happen.

I was already yearning for it.

"Just give it a few months it'll be here in no time." She kept her hand in mine while I ignored the bitter cold nipping at my skin.

"I can't stand the cold." I whispered once again, it was probably my most said sentence today.

It was colder than I had ever experienced before and she just ended up trying to warm me up.

"We need to hurry, I don't want you getting sick on me." Her eyes locked with mine and I didn't know what it was but I felt new.

I would get these moments as if I just looked at her for the first time and I fell all over again. Who knew I would've been here? She was the very epitome of a deep, intense crush; and now she was mine. I could actually go down in history books. This never happens. I was literally one of the luckiest people on the planet. I frequently thought about if I hadn't ever talked to her let alone have her talk to me; we'd not be holding hands right now. Dwelling on a girl from across the room and picturing what it would be like to love her. Now I could actually do that.

Shit, the miracle that she wasn't straight like everyone else I knew, it was perfect. It was almost like destiny or fate. Like, she was made for me.

"I'm sorry for making you walk in the cold." She giggled as she held the Ondine dormitory door open for me.

"At least I have coffee and you." I poked her side and leaned in to kiss her cheek.